Moparts

Blew a trans line off...

Posted By: Vert

Blew a trans line off... - 05/02/10 02:26 AM

Was hoping to take the Barracuda to a show tomorrow. Fixed some small wiring issues, then fired up the beast. Haven't started it in months. Ran her for several minutes then shut her down when the fans didn't come on. Connected the fan control wire - duhhh, then started her again. After a couple of minute the trans pressure side rubber hose blew off the hard line tube. It happened before when it was single clamped with a std hose clamp. Now its double clamped and still slipped off. I had cut off the plumbed fitting when I connected the external cooler. So I need a tool that makes a bead flare or bubble flare.
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: Blew a trans line off... - 05/02/10 02:32 AM

Go get a compression fitting from the hardware store. Plumb it up so you won't get those nasty leaks.
Posted By: snuggles

Re: Blew a trans line off... - 05/02/10 02:47 AM

I blew off a line while cruising down the road.I put the fuel injected style clamp on and had no more problems
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: Blew a trans line off... - 05/02/10 02:59 AM

flare the end or a compression fitting attached to a ribbed fitting end that is designed for a hose

Re: Blew a trans line off... - 05/06/10 01:27 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm still hoping to find flaring tool that makes bubbles like those on a fuel filter. Simple.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Blew a trans line off... - 05/06/10 01:57 PM

A double flaring tool will give you the bubble your looking for. Just bypass the second flaring operation
Posted By: kwhmopar1

Re: Blew a trans line off... - 05/06/10 04:00 PM

Glad this was a tech question. When I first read the title, I thought it may have went in a different direction.
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Blew a trans line off... - 05/06/10 11:36 PM

I hope the rubber hose was not fuel line. Most all fuel line and atf dont mix. The hose seems to soften up and wont stay on. There is a special hose for atf applications. Also as mentioned the EFI clamps work better.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Blew a trans line off... - 05/07/10 01:12 AM

Quote:

A double flaring tool will give you the bubble your looking for. Just bypass the second flaring operation

Do it all the time!!

Re: Blew a trans line off... - 05/08/10 02:58 AM

Quote:

Thanks! Exactly what I needed to know. Off to buy a flaring tool with the double-flare buttons tomorrow. I'd only done single flares (AN) before.

Re: Blew a trans line off... - 05/08/10 03:00 AM

Quote:

I hope the rubber hose was not fuel line. Most all fuel line and atf dont mix. The hose seems to soften up and wont stay on. There is a special hose for atf applications. Also as mentioned the EFI clamps work better.

Good to know also. Trans hoses came with the Trans cooler. And I'll look for the new style clamps and a tool. Thanks again Moparts Guys & Gals!
© 2024 Moparts Forums