Moparts

Having trouble with WOT

Posted By: 68Bullit

Having trouble with WOT - 08/06/08 01:22 AM

I'm sure that I'm overlooking something simple, however I noticed that I wasn't getting WOT, the butterflies in both the primaries and secondaries weren't all the way open once I put someone in the car to hold the pedal all the way down. I adjusted the throttle cable back and WOT looked in the carb, but now the idle is waaaay high (1800 rpms)! And I can't get the idle back down. The idle screw must not be touching the arm. Is the throttle cable too short? Or is there another way to get the idle back down to normal?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Having trouble with WOT - 08/06/08 01:27 AM

hum-you might have to much carpet/insulation under your go pedal.if so,remove some and readjust cable.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Having trouble with WOT - 08/06/08 01:28 AM

You need the mopar throttle adapter, the hole you've mounted the throttle cable stud to has a longer throw then the correct location so you either get a good idle or WOT but not both...

Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Having trouble with WOT - 08/06/08 01:32 AM

You might have a little bit of tension on the throttle cable at idle keeping it open. That won't allow the idle screw to close the throttle. Loosen up the bracket clamp and retighten when your cable is a bit loose.

I don't believe Holley throttle blades are suppose to be exactly 90* @ WOT. But the carb should have a built-in stop.
If you can't get it right, the throttle cable may not be the right one for your application.

Re: Having trouble with WOT - 08/06/08 02:18 AM

Quote:

If you can't get it right, the throttle cable may not be the right one for your application.

I'm beginning to think the same thing now. This cable has been broken and then crimped back in place. This doesn't look to great does it?
Posted By: sogtx

Re: Having trouble with WOT - 08/06/08 03:25 AM

omg buy a new cable or pm me ill send you one ...
Posted By: Dartcuda

Re: Having trouble with WOT - 08/07/08 02:42 AM

As said above , you need the holley adapter for mopars and a new throttle cable , probably less than $30 .

Re: Having trouble with WOT - 08/11/08 02:10 AM

Thanks Gentlemen. Where can I find this adaptor?
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Having trouble with WOT - 08/11/08 02:35 AM

Summit or jegs.
© 2024 Moparts Forums