Moparts

tough paint question

Posted By: TrueTripleX

tough paint question - 04/26/10 05:26 PM

I am getting ready to paint a 70 Roadrunner. In California, we must use water base paint. My car will have the hood stripe treatment and I want to use the Organisol. What prepartation do I have to do OR will the organisol adhere to the waterbase without any problems. ALSO, the waterbase requires a clear coat. Do I clear over the Organisol or what should I do?
Posted By: MOPARMIKE69

Re: tough paint question - 04/26/10 05:31 PM

Get the car painted in another state.
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: tough paint question - 04/26/10 05:45 PM

next year water based base coat will be required nation wide.
Posted By: 71scamp440

Re: tough paint question - 04/26/10 06:03 PM

Quote:

Posted By: MOPARMIKE69

Re: tough paint question - 04/26/10 07:03 PM

Quote:

And hurry
Posted By: Dougsmopars

Re: tough paint question - 04/26/10 09:09 PM

Paint the car base / clear. After buff and polish tape off scuff and paint your stripes. Yes it will stick just fine to water bourne paint system. Get used to it guys water base will be nation wide with in a couple of years. Don't knock water bourne till you try it. I'm in RI and we're getting ready to change over this year. Water bourne is a nice system.
Posted By: stinger

Re: tough paint question - 04/26/10 11:23 PM

Haven't heard a word about mandatory waterborne here in Michigan but the EPA is on our backs about airborne solvents.I'm sure it will be soon for us as well and it is a nice system.I would base/clear/rub and paint on the stripe.I've sprayed just about everything one time or another and the only problem I can see with waterborne is color match,maybe.
Posted By: elitecustombody

Re: tough paint question - 04/27/10 12:48 AM

Quote:

Posted By: vancamp

Re: tough paint question - 04/27/10 01:59 AM

Quote:

according to ppg it will be at least another 4-5 years here before it is mandattory if then according to them they are hitting the large metro areas first, waterborne can be a good system if done correctly, like anything else. and to answer the original question spray your color and clear and put the organisol over the top of the clear.
© 2024 Moparts Forums