Moparts

64 dodge polara front end rebuild

Posted By: demonbeekeepr

64 dodge polara front end rebuild - 04/25/10 12:25 AM

Was looking for some feedback on rebuilding front end on 64 dodge polara. I was wondering what kits are available and from who and what is the most bang for the buck. Looking to add sway bar was wondering if newer b-bodies would work. Looking to do a complete rebuild went to local supplier seemed pretty high buying stuff seperate. I was just wondering who has good luck do theres. thanks Roger
Posted By: Dads426

Re: 64 dodge polara front end rebuild - 04/25/10 01:45 AM

Just did ours over the winter. Bought everything from Rock Auto. We did a 64 Plymouth from the Rock Auto/Advance Auto parts (whichever was cheaper) and a 73 Challenger from PST. The individual prices from Rock Auto and Advance Auto Parts beat the PST price by a good margin.

If you want a sway bar you will probably need lower control arms from a later B/E body that came with one as they have the bracket for the end links. If you are replacing lower control arm bushings you only want to do this once. It can be a pain. The front end tools from Mancini make it alot easier.
Posted By: Joesixpack

Re: 64 dodge polara front end rebuild - 04/25/10 01:48 AM

we just did my 66 and most of the parts i got off Ebay, MOOG made in the usa old stock, I have the tool to change the upper control arm bushings if you want to borrow it, it removes and installs the bushings....I think I have a spare pare of new lower control arm bushings..
Posted By: therocks

Re: 64 dodge polara front end rebuild - 04/25/10 11:20 AM

Use either Moog or TRW parts.Id also install Moog Offset upper bushings as most old Mopars you cant get enough caster without them.Rocky

Re: 64 dodge polara front end rebuild - 04/25/10 11:47 AM

i got a 73 dart disc brake system im putting in can i use the polara upper control arms or do i have to use the darts?

Re: 64 dodge polara front end rebuild - 04/25/10 11:48 AM

The Polara will fit.Rocky

Re: 64 dodge polara front end rebuild - 04/25/10 12:11 PM

any good places to deal with to get these parts thanks for all the help!

Re: 64 dodge polara front end rebuild - 04/25/10 12:15 PM

I bought a bunch of TRW at Advanced.They quit making it but they did have some in stock.Our shop was next to them and I got good discounts.They also carry Moog but the TRW if you can get it is just as good and a bit cheaper.Rocky
Posted By: pushbutton

Re: 64 dodge polara front end rebuild - 04/25/10 01:38 PM

I got the sway bar fo my 63 Plymouth from Just Suspension. 118.00 to my door. justsuspension.com.
Two angle brackets bolt to lower shock bolts,have to drill holes in K frame for mounting brackets,I took the meassrements off my RR for them,worked fine. This was in 07 so price may be higher now.
Bar was 99.00 shipping 19.00. If you're worried about weight bar is heavy.
© 2024 Moparts Forums