Moparts

Hughes Whiplash

Posted By: Shatar4

Hughes Whiplash - 04/24/10 08:41 PM

I am installing a Whiplash cam im my Challenger and was wondering if I can use lifters ( http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-HT2011/Application/?prefilter=0 )I have that I bought from Summit? The lifters are new and are $2.50 a piece cheaper then Hughes is selling them for. Is there a difference int them?
Posted By: Shatar4

Re: Hughes Whiplash *DELETED* - 04/24/10 11:30 PM

Post deleted by Shatar4
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Hughes Whiplash - 04/24/10 11:41 PM

I expect hydraulic lifters are pretty much interchangable for the same application. Look at the specs of each and go from there.
Posted By: Dougsmopars

Re: Hughes Whiplash - 04/24/10 11:42 PM

as long as they spec out the same use them.
Posted By: Hughes

Re: Hughes Whiplash - 04/27/10 02:11 PM

The lifters will physically interchange. The only caveat I would offer is that there has been quite a bit of trouble with import lifters coming apart and/or being soft. The lifters we sell are made by HyLift Johnson in Michigan. We do not import any lifters. No matter where you buy them, I would suggest being sure they are not coming from Mexico or China etc.....
Thanks, Kevin

Attached picture 5949687-TheHughesLogofourth.jpg
Posted By: dOoC

Re: Hughes Whiplash - 04/27/10 05:12 PM

Hey Kevin ... just curious .. if you have a known-quality USED lifter that has a nice crown - can these lifters be used on a new cam?
Posted By: Hughes

Re: Hughes Whiplash - 04/27/10 07:23 PM

If you really, really check them close, I know guys re-use them. As a cam supplier... I have to suggest that you always use new lifters.
Kevin @ Hughes
© 2024 Moparts Forums