Moparts

Best exhaust gasket for manifolds? Stainless hardware?

Posted By: wkroncke17

Best exhaust gasket for manifolds? Stainless hardware? - 04/17/10 03:07 PM

I'll be putting the 440 with stock cast iron manifolds in my Coronet soon, I want to use the best gasket that wont leak, and will last forever!
Also, I see some companies sell stainless hardware to mount the stock manifolds with....any good or bad about these??

Thanks!!
Posted By: Pyper70

Re: Best exhaust gasket for manifolds? Stainless hardware? - 04/17/10 03:13 PM

Some of the fellas here I asked told me to use RemFlex. I have yet to install them, but soon....very soon. They are thick and apparently will be the last set you will ever buy.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Best exhaust gasket for manifolds? Stainless hardware? - 04/17/10 05:36 PM

I use the factory motor home gaskets. They have a shield that keeps the manifold from baking the valve cover. I only use ARP stainless hardware. The cheap SST kits for sale are junk. Remember, with cheap parts you pay three times. When you buy them, when you fix them and when you replace them.

Attached picture 5930987-exhaust.jpg

Re: Best exhaust gasket for manifolds? Stainless hardwa - 04/17/10 05:40 PM

Quote:

I use the factory motor home gaskets. They have a shield that keeps the manifold from baking the valve cover. I only use ARP stainless hardware. The cheap SST kits for sale are junk. Remember, with cheap parts you pay three times. When you buy them, when you fix them and when you replace them.

Thanks Andy!
So the stainlees kits that are sold by Mageparts are no good?
Do you have a pic from the top of that exhaust manifold/gasket?
I'd like to keep it mostly stock appearing.

Thank you again!!

Wally.

Re: Best exhaust gasket for manifolds? Stainless hardwa - 04/17/10 09:25 PM

© 2024 Moparts Forums