Moparts

installing new dash wiring harness, need help!

Posted By: blown340

installing new dash wiring harness, need help! - 04/17/10 05:10 AM

I am replacing the dash harness on my 71 scamp due to a electrical oops that burned the old one. I was smart and took pictures of every connection and named them! then that computer died. @#$!@#$ %^$%&^ Anyways..

I have it all almost figured out except for these two connectors where I can't remember where they went. The pictures are from the connectors on the old harness so its easier to see.

#1, this comes off the harness after the wiper switch connections and is kinda behind the ashtray area.

Attached picture 5930333-mysteryconnector1.jpg.JPG

Re: installing new dash wiring harness, need help! - 04/17/10 05:13 AM

Here is the second one I can't remember where it goes. Its also back by the ashtray area and comes downstream on the wiring harness from the first connector shown.

Attached picture 5930339-mysteryconnector2.jpg.JPG

Re: installing new dash wiring harness, need help! - 04/17/10 05:15 AM

Thanks for any and all help! Just for reference the car is a 71 plymouth valiant scamp. It was originally a 318 auto car with factory A/C that my grandma bought new and I've had for 16 years now. It is stock except for a swap from the A904 to a A833OD and a updgrade to a modern A/C compressor/refrigerent.

Thanks!!!!
-Jon
Posted By: 340dart4spd

Re: installing new dash wiring harness, need help! - 04/17/10 05:17 AM

Quote:

Here is the second one I can't remember where it goes. Its also back by the ashtray area and comes downstream on the wiring harness from the first connector shown.

1st pic poss radio plug

2nd pic looks like heater box fan to me

Re: installing new dash wiring harness, need help! - 04/17/10 05:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

1st pic poss radio plug

2nd pic looks like heater box fan to me

Thanks for the quick reply! the first one isn't the radio plug. The other plug in the first pic goes into the radio.

I'll double check and see if there is any place on the HVAC stuff where the 2nd one could plug in. So far I haven't seen it, but that doesn't mean much.

Thanks again,
-Jon
Posted By: 340dart4spd

Re: installing new dash wiring harness, need help! - 04/17/10 05:36 AM

HV/AC box should plug into top of box

Re: installing new dash wiring harness, need help! - 04/17/10 05:43 AM

Quote:

HV/AC box should plug into top of box

Is there another one other than this that I'm missing? If so, where is it located? Thanks!!!!!!

Attached picture 5930366-P1010699.JPG
Posted By: HealthServices

Re: installing new dash wiring harness, need help! - 04/17/10 05:52 AM

It seems to me that the yellow wires were al dome light circuit stuff... glove box light, map light, trunk light, ignition light, that kind of stuff.

Re: installing new dash wiring harness, need help! - 04/17/10 07:51 PM

Posted By: U_Code_Cuda

Re: installing new dash wiring harness, need help! - 04/17/10 09:37 PM

Just did my Dash Harness on my 71 Demon and the first pic is the connector to the Heater controls...My harness had the 3rd wire(black) seperate but, I plugged it into the 3rd connector opening on that plug as my old harness had it like that......
© 2024 Moparts Forums