Moparts

Brake Pedal not coming back up

Posted By: Nick

Brake Pedal not coming back up - 04/16/10 04:15 PM

I am having a problem with the brake peddle not coming back up. Power Brakes, brakes stop car. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Posted By: JoesMopar

Re: Brake Pedal not coming back up - 04/16/10 04:19 PM

I had the same problem on my Charger. IIRC it was the rod going into the master cylinder that needed adjusting. Might want to check your return spring also.

Re: Brake Pedal not coming back up - 04/16/10 05:05 PM

Thanks, I'll give it try. I am actually redoing the whole brake system, lines, calipers, etc, but I checked it after replacing a couple parts and it was still staying done.

Maybe that will do it. Thanks again.
Posted By: Lefty

Re: Brake Pedal not coming back up - 04/16/10 06:33 PM

Quote:

I am having a problem with the brake peddle not coming back up. Power Brakes, brakes stop car. Any ideas?

Thanks!

The only time I've seen that is when the MC is rusted inside.
Posted By: jt4406

Re: Brake Pedal not coming back up - 04/16/10 06:42 PM

Nick, make sure your pivot bolt that bolts the mastercylinder rod to the pedal DOES allow the mastercylinder rod to "pivot". It can't be tightly clamped to the pedal.
Jess

Re: Brake Pedal not coming back up - 04/16/10 07:21 PM

Thanks Lefty. I did just put a new master cylinder on it. That was my first guess at it, but same result.

Jess, Didn't pay attention to the rod when I replaced the Master cylinder. I'll check it out.

Thanks
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Brake Pedal not coming back up - 04/16/10 08:21 PM

When you split the m/c and booster to check the clearance, start it & push the pedal & see if it now returns OK
© 2024 Moparts Forums