Moparts

What to do with seatbelt and seatback when mini-tubbing

Posted By: Explodo

What to do with seatbelt and seatback when mini-tubbing - 04/16/10 03:56 PM

I'd like to mini-tub my '67 Satellite and I'd also like to keep the back seat. The rear seatbelts anchors in that strip of metal between the inner wheelhouse and the frame. In addition, the rear seatback is up against the inner wheelhouse. What have others done to keep these items? What's a safe location to relocate the seatbelt anchor to? How should I make the seatback fit? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: What to do with seatbelt and seatback when mini-tubbing - 04/17/10 02:35 AM

(bump) Someone must know something about this.
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: What to do with seatbelt and seatback when mini-tubbing - 04/17/10 04:07 AM

I'm not familiar with the B minitub issues. I did this on an A body. Maybe you can do something similar.

Re: What to do with seatbelt and seatback when mini-tubbing - 04/17/10 06:28 AM

On a 67 b-body, the rear seatback sits against the side of the stock wheelhouse location. If you move it over a couple of inches, you'd have to maybe bend up the seat frame? That's what I'm wondering about. In addition, the outer seatbelt anchor points are in the strip of metal between the wheelhouse and the framerail that's going to be removed...so it has to be relocated somewhere. Where do folks put that?
Posted By: hydro

Re: What to do with seatbelt and seatback when mini-tubbing - 04/17/10 01:02 PM

My car is minitubbed and I still have the back seat. I did not do the work, but the seat frames were bent to clear the new wheel wells and it works OK. The outside seat belt mounts are gone, but I suppose they could be moved to re-mount them. I just have one center belt.

If you have tools & torch, go ahead and relocate them.

Re: What to do with seatbelt and seatback when mini-tubbing - 04/17/10 02:36 PM

Thank you.
© 2024 Moparts Forums