Moparts

Cope Transmissions Experience?

Posted By: KGorney

Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/01/10 12:28 PM

Originally I was planning to buy a 727 TCI Streetfighter trans from Summit along with the flexplate and B&M torque converter. I've never had problems with Summit in the past.
I checked out Cope Racing Transmissions site and saw that the prices were similiar, even on the custom built converters. They also sell a streetfighter trans and the flex plate for a magnum 360/727 trans combo. I'm thinking it might be better to go with a shop specializing in transmissions rather than a warehouse like Summit.
Can anyone give me some first hand experience with Cope Racing Transmissions? How was the service? How were the shipping costs? What was the quality of the transmissions? Did they hold up well? Quality products? Are there products built in house or rebranded TCI, B&M, etc?
Posted By: buildanother

Re: Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/01/10 12:33 PM

I have a Cope 727 with lba reverse valve body, works great. Don't think I ever met the guy, but John is supposedly a stand up guy with great reputation. He's not too far from here, one day I'll go in there and yack at him about trans's, so he can't get his work done.
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/01/10 12:48 PM

CRT is top shelf

highly recomend John Cope

Posted By: BergmanAutoCraft

Re: Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/01/10 12:52 PM

Can't go wrong with Cope.
Posted By: hydro

Re: Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/01/10 12:57 PM

I recommend CRT 100%!

I have one of his street/strip 727's in the Satellite and it's an excellent product. John is great to work with can answer any question you have about your application. Give him a call!
Posted By: Dabee

Re: Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/01/10 01:28 PM

John is a great guy. You can't go wrong running one of John's transmissions.
Posted By: Badfish67

Re: Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/01/10 01:38 PM

Dont even look anywhere else. John is a great guy to deal with and he builds a great transmission.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/01/10 01:41 PM

My kid has ome in his 62 300.After 5 years of beating it its still as strong as the day he installed it.John will also advise you as to what you need.He is a top notch guy.Rocky
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/01/10 02:03 PM

Bought a conv from John last year. I had a little bump with it on my end.( long story)
John was more than willing to make accomodations even though it was of no fault of his.
He gets my business because of it.

I just called this morning actually and will be purchasing one of his trans for a local customers car very soon.

Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/01/10 02:29 PM

Many people who have bought a TCI tranny had them go out- Then when a tranny guy is repairing the unit its apparent their isnt anything high performance or special done to the TCI unit.
Posted By: 9 Sec Phill

Re: Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/01/10 05:05 PM

Just picked up a trans from John last week...Have ran his parts in the past in my old car and my work truck is still going with 325000 miles on it....Phill
Posted By: QWK_ENUF

Re: Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/01/10 05:35 PM

most of his parts are made in house,he does not rebrand anything

all are tested in the realworld.
most of his test parts are in my trans
( he aint gettin em back )

when you get a CRT trans you get one done by John and not some employee , the attention to detail he puts into every trans is amazing and why you never hear of any problems.

plus its a cool place to visit (after hours of course)

build another , come on down as i am only 10 min away
Posted By: buildanother

Re: Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/01/10 07:24 PM

Tom, I'd stop by, but I can't get away from work......Oh, that's right, I'm not working!
Posted By: moparman89

Re: Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/01/10 08:46 PM

Been in the shop a few times when I lived up north and worked down the street. John's a stand-up guy and very helpful.
Posted By: BigDawg72

Re: Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/02/10 12:25 AM

Quote:

CRT is top shelf

highly recomend John Cope

I only bought parts, but couldn't agree more. Customer service was awesome and shipped out the same day!
Posted By: FurryStump

Re: Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/02/10 02:54 AM

I just bought a trans/converter from CRT. It was a pleasure to deal with John. He definitely cares deeply about the products he sells. I couldn't be more please with the trans or the converter. Hopefully if the weather works out I'll see how it does at Englishtown.
Posted By: KGorney

Re: Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/02/10 10:41 AM

Thanks again for all the feedback. I've sent an inquiry email to Cope Transmissions.
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/02/10 10:31 PM

I think you'll find that COPE is the opposite quality wise from TCI. Hint, don't even think about TCI.

Sheldon
Posted By: 340duster340

Re: Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/02/10 10:39 PM

i am glad i read this, i was ready to order a trans from TCI.
Posted By: Posest

Re: Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/03/10 12:06 AM

I have nothing but good to say! Shipping was very reasonable, fast service and a quality product that I can depend on.
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Cope Transmissions Experience? - 04/03/10 12:20 PM

TCI = total crap inc.

© 2024 Moparts Forums