Moparts

quitest mufflers

Posted By: bigblock4x4

quitest mufflers - 04/01/10 01:26 AM

need some mufflers that will be "streetfriendly"3" if anyone knows of any,they are for a buddy he says flowmasters are too loud
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: quitest mufflers - 04/01/10 01:41 AM

Dynomax "super turbo" 17769 (3") Walker brand I believe (didn't note the case length) have gotten good reviews here and is what I am going to go with along w an X pipe and resonators of some sort in the rear along side the leafs both for noise reduction.
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: quitest mufflers - 04/01/10 02:31 AM

Tell you friend to try some little can mufflers in the tailpipes. Magnaflow or similar.

I'm going to guess that he is like me and will hate the drone that most any mufflers will cause. So he will need the can muffs as resonators later anyway. They might cut the sound back to an acceptable level even with the Flowmasters. The sound will change some too as the last mufflers in the system will influence the exhaust sound a bunch.
Posted By: Viol8r

Re: quitest mufflers - 04/01/10 03:48 AM

Depending on the combo the super turbos with an X pipe won't always be quieter. They may give you some relief at lower rpms but at highway speeds I found them to be much louder than the ultraflows.
Posted By: Swiss_Robert

Re: quitest mufflers - 04/01/10 12:13 PM

My
I have Dynomax Superturbo (but 2,5") at my '65 GTO. I like the design, they are convenient quiet and I have them as "legal" replacement.

The will become louder when the fiberglass material is partially blowed out.

But I found them a reasonable recommendation.
© 2024 Moparts Forums