Moparts

Crate Engine Transmission Question

Posted By: KGorney

Crate Engine Transmission Question - 03/31/10 11:58 AM

I have a MP 300HP 360 crate engine I am putting in a 49 Dodge. I know these engines are externally balanced so that has to be taken in to consideration, but do these engines require the use of a lock-up torque converter? Can I bolt up a 70's - early 90's 727 trans to this engine using the right converter without issue?
Anything else I need to consider when fitting a 727 trans to the Magnum crate engine?
Posted By: Noblewk

Re: Crate Engine Transmission Question - 03/31/10 12:22 PM

the 727 and 904 will work fine. The easiest solution is to buy a B&M flex plate for the Magnum and use a neutral torque converter.
Posted By: BigDawg72

Re: Crate Engine Transmission Question - 03/31/10 12:23 PM

They do not require a lock up converter. The transmission itself would dictate that. I bought the B&M externally balanced flexplate for the Magnum 360 (LA vs. Magnum makes a difference) so I could run a neutral balance converter. I bought mine from Cope Racing Transmissions (a site sponsor) and the customer service was #1.
Posted By: KGorney

Re: Crate Engine Transmission Question - 03/31/10 01:00 PM

Thanks for the tips!
Posted By: Blown69

Re: Crate Engine Transmission Question - 03/31/10 01:33 PM

Quote:

They do not require a lock up converter. The transmission itself would dictate that. I bought the B&M externally balanced flexplate for the Magnum 360 (LA vs. Magnum makes a difference) so I could run a neutral balance converter. I bought mine from Cope Racing Transmissions (a site sponsor) and the customer service was #1.

Yep, B&M 10242
© 2024 Moparts Forums