Moparts

1971 CUDA GRILLE

Posted By: F6 DAYTONA

1971 CUDA GRILLE - 08/02/08 12:48 AM

DO THEY STILL REPO THIS? HOW IS THE QUALITY? ANYBODY USE THESE YET? INPUT...PLEASE
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: 1971 CUDA GRILLE - 08/02/08 01:15 AM

I don't know if they are still being offered or not, as far as quality. They were cast resin, (not injection molded plastic like originals, BIG difference in raw material properties!) cast Urethane resin is not the best material for anything on the exterior of a car (cast Urethane resin does not like heat, warps, sags, etc.) and they are slightly dimensionally smaller than originals as wll due to material shrink in the casting process. They also come without any of the unique and expensive stainless steel trim (which is really one of the biggest problems). So, for around $500.00 they are better than nothing but don't expect one to approach the quality of an original.

Re: 1971 CUDA GRILLE - 08/02/08 06:13 AM

Quote:

I don't know if they are still being offered or not, as far as quality. They were cast resin, (not injection molded plastic like originals, BIG difference in raw material properties!) cast Urethane resin is not the best material for anything on the exterior of a car (cast Urethane resin does not like heat, warps, sags, etc.) and they are slightly dimensionally smaller than originals as wll due to material shrink in the casting process. They also come without any of the unique and expensive stainless steel trim (which is really one of the biggest problems). So, for around $500.00 they are better than nothing but don't expect one to approach the quality of an original.

thanks for the input...
Posted By: hotrod98

Re: 1971 CUDA GRILLE - 08/02/08 07:25 AM

If enough people decide that they're interested, we might be able to convince Mike at BEA parts to pursue making an injection molded 71 Cuda grille that would be correct in every respect. I already told him that I want the first one if he builds them. His 70 Grille assembly is truly outstanding in every respect.

Re: 1971 CUDA GRILLE - 08/04/08 06:34 AM

Quote:

If enough people decide that they're interested, we might be able to convince Mike at BEA parts to pursue making an injection molded 71 Cuda grille that would be correct in every respect. I already told him that I want the first one if he builds them. His 70 Grille assembly is truly outstanding in every respect.

I WOULD BE SECOND RIGHT BEHIND YOU...OR A RESTORED GRILLE FOR $2,500.00
© 2024 Moparts Forums