Moparts

A/C Techs got a few ?'s

Posted By: jackel440

A/C Techs got a few ?'s - 08/01/08 09:03 PM

I had to replace the engine in my sister-n-laws 99 pontiac grand am.We had the car down for about 4 months.I had to remove the lines from the condensor when removing the rad.a/c assemb.
Got the car back together finally.now I need to recharge the system.I will be picking up a new drier,and r 134 tomorrow.
My ? is do i need to ad more oil to the system?Or will i be ok to just pull a vacuum on it and then recharge?
I do have a set of gauges and a vacuum pump(which i have yet to find an adapter to hook it up to my gauges)
I want to get this car out of my shop as i am tired of lookn at it
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: A/C Techs got a few ?'s - 08/01/08 09:11 PM

Cut the old drier open and see if there is any oil in it, if so add that much to the new one.
Posted By: a493demon

Re: A/C Techs got a few ?'s - 08/01/08 09:54 PM

i would add a couple oz. of oil. brad
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: A/C Techs got a few ?'s - 08/01/08 11:17 PM

Quote:

Cut the old drier open and see if there is any oil in it, if so add that much to the new one.

Posted By: moretoys

Re: A/C Techs got a few ?'s - 08/02/08 03:32 AM

suck it down 30 minutes,let sit,make sure it holds,add a couple oz.charge it up.At least 2 oz.maybe go 3 oz.too much and it will not cool properly.
Posted By: 72pettyblue

Re: A/C Techs got a few ?'s - 08/02/08 03:39 AM

I would add a couple ounces of oil to the drier and if you lost any oil out of the compressor during the process, I would add another couple to the compressor before charging.
Posted By: therocks

Re: A/C Techs got a few ?'s - 08/02/08 10:36 AM

FSM tells you to add so much oil when you replace a part.Anytime you replace reciever comp evap they want you to add a certain amount of oil.Just like doing a comp some come with oil some dont.Id add at least 2 ounces.Rocky
© 2024 Moparts Forums