Moparts

"Eaton"limited slip???What is this thing?

Posted By: Sixgun

"Eaton"limited slip???What is this thing? - 03/27/10 07:10 AM

Bought some stuff from a pal last night, 47" dana housing, couple ring and pinions, as he is selling me on the deal mentions the loose unit included is an eaton posi 35 spline. I have seen a similar looking unit once before, it has two large windows, one cross shaft with a smaller spider gear on each end that meshes with the axle side gears. There are a fair size stack of clutches behind each side gear on both sides where the axles enter the side gears, but none of the springs or reaction ramps a Chrysler guy expects to see in a sure grip or track lock...
Sorry, no pic yet, but any of this sound familiar? Where can I read up on this? Is it a good strong unit?
thanks, Casey
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: "Eaton"limited slip???What is this thing? - 03/27/10 09:50 AM

Sounds like an eat'n posi
http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/ProductsServices/PerformanceProducts/Products/Differentials/index.htm
Posted By: 446acuda

Re: "Eaton"limited slip???What is this thing? - 03/27/10 01:53 PM

Sounds like it may be a Track Lok made be Dana. Are you sure that is is made by Eaton?

Re: "Eaton"limited slip???What is this thing? - 03/27/10 04:27 PM

Thanks for the link Dodgem, I did look at that page earlier myself,but I am still not clear on the quality and characteristics of this particular unit, say as compared to the stuff we all use.(Will I like it, will I blow it up???)
C

Re: "Eaton"limited slip???What is this thing? - 03/28/10 03:30 AM

"BUMP"

Re: "Eaton"limited slip???What is this thing? - 03/28/10 09:16 AM

uno mas bump
© 2024 Moparts Forums