Moparts

Who needs Mod material ? Please respond with color.

Posted By: Hemiken

Who needs Mod material ? Please respond with color. - 09/20/07 02:18 PM

Hi, Just curious to know if anyone has pictures of any Mod Top E-body Barracuda's ? Any idea of how many where made. And what colors where available ?
Posted By: Moparnut

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/20/07 02:36 PM

Been looking for one for years. Never even seen one at a car show. Last time I saw one was about 3-4 years ago on Ebay that needed restoring. Pictures on ebay did not have the top but the fender tag had the code for it.

PM me if you have one.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/20/07 03:13 PM

I wish i did have one. Do you remember what color the car was on the fender tag ? And did you by any chance save a picture of the fender tag ?
Posted By: KISSAlien

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/20/07 03:23 PM

They were available in the same two colors available on '69 Plymouths. Yellow from the Barracuda and Blue/Aqua from the Satellite.

I don't have the production numbers for all the Plymouth E-bodies so here are the numbers built according to the Mod Top Registry. They look pretty close to me.

Barracuda Blue 26
'Cuda Blue 17
Barracuda Yellow 26
'Cuda Yellow <15

Steve Juliano has a Yellow top Hemicuda and may have acquired a blue top Six Pak car too.

I have pics of a few of them but can only post this one. Sorry.

Attached picture 3789347-modtop70_93_Nats_2.jpg

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/20/07 03:34 PM

Hey Ken, Any chance you can post a picture of the green roofed Barracuda please.

Thanks,
Kenny.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/20/07 03:47 PM

Green roof?

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/20/07 03:52 PM

Sorry, I meant Blue roof Is their green in with the blue

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/20/07 04:46 PM

Yes there probably is but they call it Aqua. I can't post pics of either of the two cars I have shots of but you might be able to find something on this site. http://www.mooresmopars.com/modtops.html

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/21/07 03:52 AM

I had a look and their are no pictures posted of any blue top Barracuda's.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/21/07 02:41 PM

Actually there is but the top is missing.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/21/07 03:02 PM

I know the car you are talking about. I was talking to him last year. The color combo of Black with the Blue roof would be stunning to see restored back to life !

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/21/07 03:29 PM

I believe he owns a restoration place in Florida so that sounds promising.
Posted By: m46rat

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/21/07 03:56 PM

Here is the NOS top that the car needs! Don't mind the red carpet or the misc parts!

Attached picture 3792138-BlueModTopNOS.JPG

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/21/07 04:03 PM

Screw the top ... I want that carpet!!!
Posted By: stwheels

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/21/07 05:25 PM

Quote:

Ken, that's actually NOS Red Rose Tea seat skin material. "Only in Canada eh?" LOL
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/21/07 06:19 PM

I know someone who has an E-body Hemi Mod top, but sorry no pics. It should be coming to a magazine near you at some point though.

Dave
Posted By: magnumcharger

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/21/07 06:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ken, that's actually NOS Red Rose Tea seat skin material. "Only in Canada eh?" LOL

Saw those steering wheels...and knew you'd appear Doug!
Posted By: stwheels

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/21/07 06:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Saw those steering wheels...and knew you'd appear Doug!

Bwahaha ... those are rare MTRB (Mod Top Rim Blow) wheels. Instead of Black finger grips they have the same floral pattern as the vinyl...

and don't think I couldn't do it either ! Dwight?

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/21/07 07:38 PM

Quote:

I know someone who has an E-body Hemi Mod top, but sorry no pics. It should be coming to a magazine near you at some point though.

Dave

I assume you mean Juliano's green car. There's info about it on the Mod Top Registry.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/21/07 09:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Dave

I assume you mean Juliano's green car. There's info about it on the Mod Top Registry.

That'd be it (can't be many, can there ). Do you have any pre-resto pics of it by chance?

Dave

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/21/07 10:47 PM

No, I don't.
Posted By: stevenjuliano

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/21/07 10:54 PM

dave....cars painted and awaiting assembly. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY ORIGINAL YELLOW MODTOP MATERIAL OUT THERE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. as of now i may be forced to go with the repop. its close but it aint right. plus if any of you know me having a repop vinyl roof will cause me insomnia.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/21/07 11:21 PM

Quote:

dave....cars painted and awaiting assembly. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY ORIGINAL YELLOW MODTOP MATERIAL OUT THERE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. as of now i may be forced to go with the repop. its close but it aint right. plus if any of you know me having a repop vinyl roof will cause me insomnia.

Hello Steve,
Read what your car has in the way of options. It will be a stunning car once you have finished it......... Have you tried http://www.nationalmoparts.com/index.ihtml They seam to have a lot of NOS parts and may have a top for you ? Good Luck

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/21/07 11:33 PM

Quote:

I believe he owns a restoration place in Florida so that sounds promising.

Yes Karl is the guy who owns it. He knows what he has got and hopefully he would of started the restoration on it by know.

Attached picture 3793105-modtop47-03.jpg

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/21/07 11:36 PM

It will be a stunning car when finnished aswell. Black car with Black interior and a Blue Mod Top It will look hot. Or cool.

Attached picture 3793116-modtop47-02-vin-xd.jpg
Posted By: mopar346

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/22/07 02:35 AM

I have been wondering if they made a ModTop RR or GTX?

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/22/07 03:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Hello Steve,
Read what your car has in the way of options. It will be a stunning car once you have finished it......... Have you tried http://www.nationalmoparts.com/index.ihtml They seam to have a lot of NOS parts and may have a top for you ? Good Luck

f8 green, guages, 8track, auto/console, tint, ps, pb, rallye wheels, wom, chrome mirrors, hockey stripe, rubber bumper, yellow roof , thats all i remember...

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/22/07 10:12 AM

Hi Steve,
Any chance you could post a picture of your fender tag for all to see please......
Block out the last digits of course.
Posted By: wunderless

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/22/07 02:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hello Steve,

f8 green, guages, 8track, auto/console, tint, ps, pb, rallye wheels, wom, chrome mirrors, hockey stripe, rubber bumper, yellow roof , thats all i remember...

That will be awesome! Put me on the list of guys that want to see a finished pic!

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/22/07 02:45 PM

Quote:

I can appreciate that having a repop top would give you ulcers, so here's hoping somebody comes through with some info on some NOS stuff.
F8 is my favorite color so I can hardly wait to see the finished car!

Dave

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/22/07 03:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I can appreciate that having a repop top would give you ulcers, so here's hoping somebody comes through with some info on some NOS stuff.

Dave

YELLOW MOD TOP VINYL
Maybe you should also try get in touch with http://www.smsautofabrics.com/ .........They just may have what your after. But let us know how you go with them and give http://www.nationalmoparts.com/index.ihtml (Canada) a try aswell. I have found them to have a lot of NOS stuff !

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/22/07 03:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dave

YELLOW MOD TOP VINYL
Maybe you should also try get in touch with http://www.smsautofabrics.com/ .........They just may have what your after. But let us know how you go with them and give http://www.nationalmoparts.com/index.ihtml (Canada) a try aswell. I have found them to have a lot of NOS stuff !

I've delt with them a couple times (not that far from me) and they were helpful. I agree, try there.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/22/07 04:23 PM

Quote:

I have been wondering if they made a ModTop RR or GTX?

It wasn't available on those models so it would have to have been a special order which wouldn't show up in the production figures.
Posted By: GODSCOUNTRY340

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/22/07 04:35 PM

Check at mooresmopars.com. It's a site for Mod Top cars.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/23/07 12:37 AM

I got an e-mail back from Karl...the owner of the Black 'Cuda with the Blue Mod Top and he has not started on the restoration of it yet but it is sitting waiting for its turn in his restoration shop.

Attached picture 3795594-mod-material--satellite-200.jpg

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/23/07 12:41 AM

Hello Steve,
Any chance we could get a sneak peak or exclusive here on Moparts.com of your Hemi Mod Top while it is in it building stage please buddy.

Attached picture 3795605-mod-material-barracuda-200.jpg

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/23/07 01:15 AM

Thanks for the info are any known to exist?

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/23/07 01:50 AM

Quote:

There was talk on the A12 section of Moparts about a 69 1/2 RR with a Mod Top or it may of been a BEE ? You may have to start a new thread on the subject of RR GTX Mod Top Cars ?

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/23/07 01:57 AM

Thanks!

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/23/07 04:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

There was talk on the A12 section of Moparts about a 69 1/2 RR with a Mod Top or it may of been a BEE ? You may have to start a new thread on the subject of RR GTX Mod Top Cars ?

Here's a Floral Top Super Bee. I've seen two of them. There is at least one A12 Floral Top Super Bee. I believe it came out of Canada to be restored in the US and has fallen out of sight.

Attached picture 3796272-floral1_new.jpg

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/23/07 11:28 AM

Quote:

Thanks!

No Worries !!!!!

Let us know what you find.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/23/07 12:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dave

YELLOW MOD TOP VINYL

I've delt with them a couple times (not that far from me) and they were helpful. I agree, try there.

I HAVE SPOKEN TO EVERY TRIM SHOP AND DEALER AROUND. SMS WAS VERY HELPFUL. THIS MAY SOUND NUTS BUT MANY OF YOU KNOW THAT I SPENT YEARS HITTING OLD DEALERSHIPS LOOKING FOR SIGNS AND PARTS. I FOUND THE GUY WHO ONLY HIT OLD TRIM SHOPS BUYING OLD OEM MATERIAL. HE SOLD ME THE BLUE MATERIAL HE HAD BUT HE NEVER HAD THE YELLOW. THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN HE FOUND THE BLUE IT WAS IN THE NON-AUTOMOTIVE SECTION OF A SHOP. UNLESS AN OLD TIMER IS AROUND ANYONE TODAY WHO SEES THAT YELLOW FLORAL WILL PUT IT IN THE OLD LADY KITHCHEN CHAIR PILE. LATER TODAY I WILL POST WHATS ON THE TAGS OF THE CAR. IN EARLY OCT I WILL HAVE PICS OF THE CAR PAINTED (IF ANYONE CARES). WE CANT PUT THE TOP ON YET AS THERES SOME ISSUES WITH THE GLASS.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/23/07 02:04 PM

I HAVE SPOKEN TO EVERY TRIM SHOP AND DEALER AROUND. SMS WAS VERY HELPFUL. THIS MAY SOUND NUTS BUT MANY OF YOU KNOW THAT I SPENT YEARS HITTING OLD DEALERSHIPS LOOKING FOR SIGNS AND PARTS. I FOUND THE GUY WHO ONLY HIT OLD TRIM SHOPS BUYING OLD OEM MATERIAL. HE SOLD ME THE BLUE MATERIAL HE HAD BUT HE NEVER HAD THE YELLOW. THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN HE FOUND THE BLUE IT WAS IN THE NON-AUTOMOTIVE SECTION OF A SHOP. UNLESS AN OLD TIMER IS AROUND ANYONE TODAY WHO SEES THAT YELLOW FLORAL WILL PUT IT IN THE OLD LADY KITHCHEN CHAIR PILE. LATER TODAY I WILL POST WHATS ON THE TAGS OF THE CAR. IN EARLY OCT I WILL HAVE PICS OF THE CAR PAINTED (IF ANYONE CARES). WE CANT PUT THE TOP ON YET AS THERES SOME ISSUES WITH THE GLASS.

Hi Steve,
Can't wait to see how far you have got with the Hemi Mod Top'Cuda. Good luck again with the trim, how much different is the stuff from Laysons.....i assume that is the stuff you have ?
Posted By: 694406

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/23/07 02:45 PM

Do any of you guys with the NOS stuff happen to have any of the Dodge mod-top/ green floral material. I'm in the middle of a 69 383 GTS resto and I haven't had any luck finding material yet. Thanks in advance! oojhnoo@aol.com

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/23/07 03:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dave

YELLOW MOD TOP VINYL

*edit*
PM's sent.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/23/07 03:55 PM

Hi, Can you post the e-mail address up on here please with some details along with the e-mail aswell. Lets all try help Steve get the Hemi Mod Top 'Cuda finished ! Any and all leads appreciated.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/23/07 08:37 PM

hi steve
this is a different question about cudas, do you know if there is a hemicuda with strobe stripe from the factory........john

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/24/07 12:12 AM

Quote:

hi steve
this is a different question about cudas, do you know if there is a hemicuda with strobe stripe from the factory........john

john i dont know of one but that doesnt mean it does not exist. ive been out of the mopar loop for a while now.

the laysons material is ok, just ok. the color is very good as is the floral print. the problem is in the black lines. laysons is very heavy while the orig was a simple outline. maybe i will let my top bake in the california sun and hope it fades.

fender tag info:
N42 N85 N96 R22 V6X CTD
M21 M25 M31 M88 N41
C16 C55 G31 G33 J45 L31
V1P A01 A21 A36 A62 B51
EF8 H6F8 000 C12 026980
E74 032 BS23R0BXXXXXX

Y05 26 EN1
BS23ROBXXXXXX

rapidduster@aol.com
www.stevenjuliano.com

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/24/07 11:09 AM

fender tag info:
N42 N85 N96 R22 V6X CTD
M21 M25 M31 M88 N41
C16 C55 G31 G33 J45 L31
V1P A01 A21 A36 A62 B51
EF8 H6F8 000 C12 026980
E74 032 BS23R0BXXXXXX

Y05 26 EN1
BS23ROBXXXXXX

rapidduster@aol.com
www.stevenjuliano.com

Wow Steven,

That car is loaded with options. And a Hemi ta-boot ! Have you started on your six pack Mod Top yet or is it next in line after the "Hemi Mod Top 'Cuda" ?
Kenny.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/25/07 08:40 AM

Barracuda Blue 26
'Cuda Blue 17
Barracuda Yellow 26
'Cuda Yellow <15

Steve Juliano has a Yellow top Hemicuda and may have acquired a blue top Six Pak car too.

Hey....Your the one that gave me the idea of him having a six pack Mod Top ? I knew i read it somewhere. LOL

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/25/07 02:23 PM

Key word is may have.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/25/07 11:07 PM

Six Pack Mod Top !

Would be a good one to chase up .

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/26/07 01:45 AM

Do you say chase up because of your hemisphere, around here we say chase down. But either way, I don't think I own anything that can chase down or up a 6 pack car!

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/26/07 08:31 AM

Quote:

Do you say chase up because of your hemisphere, around here we say chase down. But either way, I don't think I own anything that can chase down or up a 6 pack car!

Your thinking with the wrong attitude, Its not just in regards to what Hemishere i live in, but more of what Hemishere is on top of my Big Block Mopar ! Chin up..... more cubes and multiple carbs and your in the running...
Posted By: BobAsh

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/26/07 02:57 PM

Hello boys,
my questions is a bit off-topic from your noble quest for factory made cars, but I'd like to know what color combinations were used on Mod Top cars - I know of Blue top/B5 Satellites, Yellow top/Yellow Barracudas and Green/Green Dodges, but I also saw the white-with-blue-top Satellite mentioned somewhere. Are there any more combinations? Does anyone make reproductions of Mod Top material? Or is it possible to find a really good resolution picture of the pattern?

I have a non-Mod Top car (in fact, it's even '68), and I don't care too much about exact corectness (will be a clone/restomod anyway), but I love the Mod Tops and would like to get one on my car. I was thinking about either B5 car with Blue top, or making a custom Mod Top to match QQ-5 turquoise...

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/26/07 03:07 PM

Quote:

Hello boys,
my questions is a bit off-topic from your noble quest for factory made cars, but I'd like to know what color combinations were used on Mod Top cars - I know of Blue top/B5 Satellites, Yellow top/Yellow Barracudas and Green/Green Dodges, but I also saw the white-with-blue-top Satellite mentioned somewhere. Are there any more combinations? Does anyone make reproductions of Mod Top material? Or is it possible to find a really good resolution picture of the pattern?

I have a non-Mod Top car (in fact, it's even '68), and I don't care too much about exact corectness (will be a clone/restomod anyway), but I love the Mod Tops and would like to get one on my car. I was thinking about either B5 car with Blue top, or making a custom Mod Top to match QQ-5 turquoise...

Well you can jump on to the Mod Top registry and have a look at some different colors on their. You will be able to get some color Mod Top material from Laysons, It is not exact but perfect for what you want to acheive, will look real cool too. Post pics when you have done it.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/26/07 03:21 PM

I agree, that site probably has the availability. I want to buy an A4 Satellite Mod Top if I ever come across one.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/26/07 03:29 PM

Quote:

I agree, that site probably has the availability. I want to buy an A4 Satellite Mod Top if I ever come across one.

what color Mod Top would you have on your A4 Satellite...... My Favourite would be the Black on Black with Blue Mod Top 70 'Cuda that Karl Smith owns........... Something about the color combo just appeals to me.......I can visualize it....... in my garage - I WISH !

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/26/07 04:24 PM

Only Blue Mod Tops were available on B-Bodies. (Only Plymouths are Mod Tops.)

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/26/07 04:32 PM

'69 Yellow Mod Top

Attached picture 3804943-mod_barracuda_page_2.jpg

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/26/07 04:33 PM

'69 Blue Mod Top

Attached picture 3804944-mod_satellite_page_2.jpg

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/26/07 04:39 PM

'70 Mod Tops

Attached picture 3804964-1970-mod-trim-info.jpg

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/26/07 04:46 PM

Quote:

This is the original fender tag off of this 'Cuda. Do the break down on the tag. Ask Galen about the car, Super rare !

Attached picture 3804984-modtop47-02-vin-xd.jpg

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/26/07 05:02 PM

Quote:

Well you can jump on to the Mod Top registry and have a look at some different colors on their. You will be able to get some color Mod Top material from Laysons, It is not exact but perfect for what you want to acheive, will look real cool too. Post pics when you have done it.

I have problem with Mod Top registry - the pictures don't work for last month or so. Do you experience the same, or is problem on my side?

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/26/07 05:09 PM

Quote:

I have problem with Mod Top registry - the pictures don't work for last month or so. Do you experience the same, or is problem on my side?

I just jump on the link that kissalien posted and it loaded straight up with pictures. You must have a problem with your computer. Internal issues!
Posted By: cataclysm80

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/26/07 06:04 PM

Tav

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/26/07 11:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

This is the original fender tag off of this 'Cuda. Do the break down on the tag. Ask Galen about the car, Super rare !

I said that only blue Mod Tops were available on B-Bodies, not that blue Mod Tops were only available on B-Bodies.

I have a copy of the fender tag without the X's and maybe a copy of the broadcast sheet. Can't remember for sure if he has one or sent me a copy.

I sent info on that car to Galen years ago.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/27/07 10:53 AM

Quote:

I said that only blue Mod Tops were available on B-Bodies, not that blue Mod Tops were only available on B-Bodies.

Tricky use of words buddy .

You got me their .....
Posted By: 440beep

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/27/07 11:10 AM

mop top 1969 1/2 bee six pack green is done yet? is it cool

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/27/07 02:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I just jump on the link that kissalien posted and it loaded straight up with pictures. You must have a problem with your computer. Internal issues!

Problem solved - I just had to use Internet Exploder instead od Firefox

By the way, what do you guys think about combination of QQ-5 Turquoise metallic and blue vinyl top from Satellite?
I am trying to imagine whether it would work, but Q5 is very tricky color to photograph (and I have never seen a car with that color in person).

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/27/07 02:43 PM

Quote:

Problem solved - I just had to use Internet Exploder instead od Firefox

By the way, what do you guys think about combination of QQ-5 Turquoise metallic and blue vinyl top from Satellite?
I am trying to imagine whether it would work, but Q5 is very tricky color to photograph (and I have never seen a car with that color in person).

68 Coronet in QQ5 Turquiose with a Blue Mod Top would look great....... Build it how you want i say. What color trim, would you put the Blue Mod Top material inserts inside the car aswell with Black vinyl ?

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/27/07 02:51 PM

Quote:

68 Coronet in QQ5 Turquiose with a Blue Mod Top would look great....... Build it how you want i say. What color trim, would you put the Blue Mod Top material inserts inside the car aswell with Black vinyl ?

Be sure I will build it like I want - but I don't know how I want to build it yet

My favourite combination is currently QQ-5, blue Mod Top, white tail stripe and when the time comes maybe a white interior (I must stick with the black for a while due to limited budget).

But I was also thinking about white car with Mod Top and Mod Tail Stripe (put a Mod Top pattern on the sticker of tail stripe). But I think the QQ-5 will win...

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/27/07 02:58 PM

Quote:

Be sure I will build it like I want - but I don't know how I want to build it yet

My favourite combination is currently QQ-5, blue Mod Top, white tail stripe and when the time comes maybe a white interior (I must stick with the black for a while due to limited budget).

But I was also thinking about white car with Mod Top and Mod Tail Stripe (put a Mod Top pattern on the sticker of tail stripe). But I think the QQ-5 will win...

Intereting.......... Mod Top Bumble bee twin 68 stripe. The White stripe on the Turquiose car would look great, real classy...
The Blue Mod material would work much better in White trim as inserts over Black anyway... That is if you put inserts in of course.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/27/07 06:41 PM

Quote:

Intereting.......... Mod Top Bumble bee twin 68 stripe. The White stripe on the Turquiose car would look great, real classy...
The Blue Mod material would work much better in White trim as inserts over Black anyway... That is if you put inserts in of course.

I am full of crazy ideas ... We'll see what I end up with

As for the interior - I don't know, it will stay black for at least a year, while I'll be dumping cash into the mechanicals... But white with mod inserts sounds nice...

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/28/07 10:25 AM

Quote:

What color trim would you have inside a Silver Metalic (A4) with a Blue Mod Top on your Satellite , when you get one ?

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/28/07 02:23 PM

Quote:

What color trim would you have inside a Silver Metalic (A4) with a Blue Mod Top on your Satellite , when you get one ?

Blue Mod. I already have an OEM interior but will only put it in a Mod Interior car.
Posted By: MONC

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/28/07 03:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Here's a Floral Top Super Bee. I've seen two of them. There is at least one A12 Floral Top Super Bee. I believe it came out of Canada to be restored in the US and has fallen out of sight.

There's at least 1 more Super Bee Mod Top out there - (1 of 8 Couples according to the Mod Top Registry)

From my understanding the A12 is under resto now...

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/28/07 11:27 PM

Quote:

'69 Blue Mod Top

Do you have a copy/pic of the Dodge Floral top?

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/28/07 11:34 PM

I posted a Super Bee in the thread already. Here's a Dart.

Attached picture 3810432-wood52.jpg

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/29/07 12:06 AM

Quote:

Heyhave you got a picture of an A-body Barracuda Mod Top that people would not of seen, something from your personal pictures please.
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/29/07 04:54 AM

Interesting

I just took these tonight at a car show in Appleton WI

Talked to him briefly - I guess while restoring the car , he removed the factory mod top

After restoration , went to reinstall , and it shrunk - Thats what he told me - Thats a picture of it in his trunk , looking pretty

Awesome car - Pictures taken at night - About 4 hours ago

Attached picture 3811130-HPIM0042(Large).JPG

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/29/07 04:55 AM

Another

Attached picture 3811131-HPIM0041(Large).JPG

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/29/07 04:57 AM

Another one

Attached picture 3811137-HPIM0043(Large).JPG

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/29/07 12:11 PM

Great A-body Mod top pics........
Can someone post some pictures of a Satellite Mod Top next ?

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/29/07 03:31 PM

Quote:

Is that the Canadian 4spd Dart?

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/30/07 12:38 AM

Has anyone got pictures of a Satellite Mod Top they can post on this thread ?

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/30/07 12:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Probably.
Posted By: Kingy

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/30/07 12:54 AM

Quote:

At the Nats this year. I have one of these I am currently restoring although it is white and not B5, it is my wifes car .

Bob

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/30/07 12:57 AM

Quote:

have you got a picture of an A-body Barracuda Mod Top that people would not of seen, something from your personal pictures please.

No, not really. Most of them tend to look alike. The neatest one I know of is this. It's probably the same one Juliano has.
http://www.stevenjuliano.com/cars_69modtop.htm

Attached picture 3812482-73d20b20.jpg

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/30/07 01:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

At the Nats this year. I have one of these I am currently restoring although it is white and not B5, it is my wifes car .

Bob

I have some pics of that car too.
http://www.aarta.com/carshows/moparnats2007/mopar_nationals_2007.html

Very nice people. I told them I'd sell them my blue mod interior if I don't find a car for it.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/30/07 01:01 AM

Here's a white one.

Attached picture 3812502-084.jpg

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/30/07 01:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Bob

This looks like what you want KISS but with Silver where the Blue is ...Correct

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/30/07 01:12 AM

Quote:

Here's a white one.

That's it. My wife's car is exactly like it but has a blue handpainted accent stripe and without that funky looking trim down the side. It's a 383 car and was part of a lot of 12 cars prepared by Plymouth to be forced on dealers as part of a promotional gimmick pushing the ill-fated ModTop.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/30/07 01:12 AM

Quote:

Here's a white one.

Have you KISS got a picture of a EA4 Silver Metalic Mod Top Satellite amongst your records ?

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/30/07 01:14 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Here's a white one.

That's it. My wife's car is exactly like it but has a blue handpainted accent stripe and without that funky looking trim down the side. It's a 383 car and was part of a lot of 12 cars prepared by Plymouth to be forced on dealers as part of a promotional gimmick pushing the ill-fated ModTop.

Have you got pictures of your wifes car please. Would like to see the hand painted accent stripes ?

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/30/07 03:50 AM

Quote:

Have you got pictures of your wifes car please. Would like to see the hand painted accent stripes ?

It's an original paint Arizona car and I don't have any decent photos that show the whole stripe.
I'll try to snap a few and post em.

Bob

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/30/07 03:59 AM

Did the Mod interior come in both bench and buckets?

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/30/07 05:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Here's a white one.

Have you KISS got a picture of a EA4 Silver Metalic Mod Top Satellite amongst your records ?

Nope.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/30/07 10:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Nope.

Do you KISS know if a EA4 Silver Metalic Mod Top Satellite was ever made ? Is their no complete records for these cars either..... Don't know until one shows up...... sort of deal ? Plus their would be no record of what has been destroyed...... Good luck finding a Mod Top Satellite to make into a EA4 car buddy.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/30/07 10:58 PM

Chrysler didn't keep records that complete so you'd have to find one to know for sure.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/30/07 11:07 PM

Quote:

Have you had any luck with the picture of your wifes car yet, you have me interested. "accented stripe" does anyone else know what he means or have pictures.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/30/07 11:23 PM

Quote:

Have you had any luck with the picture of your wifes car yet, you have me interested. "accented stripe" does anyone else know what he means or have pictures.

option code is V7B longitudinal paint stripe. B for blue, W for white etc. V6B would be the blue tape stripe. I havent gotten over yet to get any pictures, I will soon as I have to move the car, but this is one I took as I was cataloging things I was getting ready to move out.You can just see the stripe on the left front fender, it is a single stripe perhaps 3/16" at it's widest and tapered to a point at the front and rear.

Attached picture 3814507-IMG_355.JPG

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/30/07 11:36 PM

Did many 69 cars come with the painted V7* stripe as oppossed to the vinyl tape stripe V6* ?
( * ) Denotes different colors available.
Posted By: RestoRick

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 09/30/07 11:39 PM

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 10/01/07 01:00 AM

Are these painted on free hand like Kingy said ? or are they masked-up and painted ?

Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material ? - 10/04/07 12:45 AM

I have been thinking and recieving many many e-mails in regards to Mod Top and thought we could start alist of who would be interested in Legendary making new Mod Top material...... the other stuff is not quit accurate enough and Legendary have taken on reproducing new Gator Grain material (which i have already requested a sample of) so would like to know who would be in need of Mod Top material if Legendary where to take it on board to supply please.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material ? - 10/04/07 01:20 AM

I don't have a Mod and may never but if it were reasonably price I would probably buy a top just to have and add one more body to your list, anything for the hobby. There use ot be a Satelite in town, I should probably track down.
Posted By: HemiDave

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material ? - 10/04/07 02:06 AM

ME! ME! ME! I have a 69 Cuda (rough) that is a Mod Top car. I will need the top, seat covers and the door panels.

Thanks!

Dave
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material ? - 10/04/07 02:20 AM

Quote:

Legendary have taken on reproducing new Gator Grain material (which i have already requested a sample of)

Once you get the sample, can you please start a new thread about it? Lots of folks need Gator.

Thanks,
Barry
Posted By: fastback383

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 10/04/07 02:20 AM

Yes that's the Canadian 4 speed Dart. Out of Barrie ,Ontario. He bought that car out of the auto trader or the iSell or something like that , the guy selling had a black top on the car . Apparently he had no idea it was a mod top car. Or may not of had any idea what a mod top was for that matter. So Rich bought it and did a total restoration himself. Did a beautiful job I might add. The 340 in it came from me, I sold it too him many years ago and it ended up in that Dart. Dave.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material ? - 10/04/07 08:09 AM

Quote:

I have been thinking and recieving many many e-mails in regards to Mod Top and thought we could start alist of who would be interested in Legendary making new Mod Top material...... the other stuff is not quit accurate enough and Legendary have taken on reproducing new Gator Grain material (which i have already requested a sample of) so would like to know who would be in need of Mod Top material if Legendary where to take it on board to supply please.

I'M IN! I HAVE A LAYSONS TOP WHICH STINKS (LOOKS AND SMELL) AND I HAVE ENOUGH NOS MATERIAL FOR JUST THE CENTER SECTION BETWEEN THE SEAMS. IF LEGENDARY MAKES IT I WILL GUARANTEE THEM GOOD PRESS FROM MY CONNECTIONS IN THE MAGAZINE WORLD.
Posted By: RestoRick

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 10/04/07 02:41 PM

Quote:

Are these painted on free hand like Kingy said ? or are they masked-up and painted ?

(ref: Roadrunner painted stripes)...
they appeared to me to have been hand striped with a Beugler striping tool... they had evidence of "track marks" where the stripe was worn thin. The Beugler tool has a round wheel with a side-to-side "tread".

Rick

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 10/05/07 12:12 PM

Hello Rick,
Thanks for the heads up on the application buddy. I do know what a Beugler striping tool is but thanks for clarifying that for people not in the know and who ever else may of tuned into this broadcast old mate.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material ? - 10/05/07 12:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I'M IN! I HAVE A LAYSONS TOP WHICH STINKS (LOOKS AND SMELL) AND I HAVE ENOUGH NOS MATERIAL FOR JUST THE CENTER SECTION BETWEEN THE SEAMS. IF LEGENDARY MAKES IT I WILL GUARANTEE THEM GOOD PRESS FROM MY CONNECTIONS IN THE MAGAZINE WORLD.

Hello Steven,
I have recieved an e-mail from another Moparts member who said that he has talked with Legendary. And even though it has not yet been offically released they plan on having Mod Top material available at the same time as the Gator Grain material in 90 days......... Aledgedly.

Stay tuned for more information and confirmation. Things are looking up, i really hope that Legendary have stepped up to the plate once again to help out the Mopar Brethrin.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material ? - 10/05/07 02:46 PM

Well that's good news. Keep us posted.
By the way Hemiken I have no idea how to send pictures through pm's, sorry. Tried to send you a couple of the cuda but to no avail.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material ? - 10/07/07 03:18 AM

Quote:

Well that's good news. Keep us posted.
By the way Hemiken I have no idea how to send pictures through pm's, sorry. Tried to send you a couple of the cuda but to no avail.

Hi, you can send me pictures directly to my e-mail if you like. crossramken@optusnet.co.au

Anyone else who may be interested in Mod Top material now or maybe in the future for a project down the line they may pick up........... put a post up here to let us know please.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material ? - 10/08/07 01:59 AM

When you talked to Legendary did you discuss the Dodge floral material as well as Plymouths? Put my name in the hat as well as I need the Dodge mod/floral top. Thanks!!

Attached picture 3862995-nparts439.jpg

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material ? - 10/08/07 12:34 PM

Quote:

When you talked to Legendary did you discuss the Dodge floral material as well as Plymouths? Put my name in the hat as well as I need the Dodge mod/floral top. Thanks!!

What color combo is your car and what color Mod Top please.......... Love those Darts.

Anyone else want to put down for Mod Top material ????

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material ? - 10/08/07 02:05 PM

All Dodge Floral Tops are green and as far as I know only came on F6 cars. There was no matching interior for them.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material ? - 10/08/07 02:31 PM

Quote:

All Dodge Floral Tops are green and as far as I know only came on F6 cars. There was no matching interior for them.

Hi KISS Wonder if any Black Darts were made with the Green Mod Top Food for thought........ The old 69 Dart may have to go Black just to get a Green Mod Top just for kicks......... HA HA
Posted By: modcuda

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 10/08/07 11:09 PM

Quote:

Well, as the keeper of the Mod Top Registry, there are folks that email me from time to time wanting some material, so I could add at least several Barracuda folks wanting material, plus a few Satellite owners and maybe a couple Dart/Coronet owners.

It would be great to be able to tell people that Legendary is thinking of doing the material correctly, so they could also express their interest, too, and have a choice over the repro material that's currently available (with the thicker black lines).

See the difference in the Barracuda repro material vs. original material? (Repro is the top picture, NOS = bottom picture).

P.S. FWIW, here's a listing of all the ModTops I have in my registry. There is one A4 Silver Satellite, and it is a 383, not a 318 like most Satellite ModTops!

ModCuda, '69 340/727 Y4 Barracuda w/mod interior

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 10/08/07 11:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Well, as the keeper of the Mod Top Registry, there are folks that email me from time to time wanting some material, so I could add at least several Barracuda folks wanting material, plus a few Satellite owners and maybe a couple Dart/Coronet owners.

It would be great to be able to tell people that Legendary is thinking of doing the material correctly, so they could also express their interest, too, and have a choice over the repro material that's currently available (with the thicker black lines).

See the difference in the Barracuda repro material vs. original material? (Repro is the top picture, NOS = bottom picture).

P.S. FWIW, here's a listing of all the ModTops I have in my registry. There is one A4 Silver Satellite, and it is a 383, not a 318 like most Satellite ModTops!

ModCuda, '69 340/727 Y4 Barracuda w/mod interior

Hi JC,
What are the chance of you getting in touch with your registry members and asking them to jump on with a request please. Updated pics of their cars or even current pics of their cars would be fine.
Kenny.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 10/08/07 11:54 PM

Quote:

Hi JC,
What are the chance of you getting in touch with your registry members and asking them to jump on with a request please. Updated pics of their cars or even current pics of their cars would be fine.
Kenny.

Kenny,
Shall I ask them to petition Legendary directly, or get back with me so I can post to this forum, or ask them to join this forum to post themselves (unlikely many would do that)...?
JC

PS I've had this registry for many years and I've definitely lost contact with many ModTop owners because their email addresses have changed and did not get updated, but I'm definitely willing to send out a broadcast email to all Mod Top registry members to ping them for interest in Legendary material!

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 10/09/07 12:05 AM

Quote:

Kenny,
Shall I ask them to petition Legendary directly, or get back with me so I can post to this forum, or ask them to join this forum to post themselves (unlikely many would do that)...?
JC

PS I've had this registry for many years and I've definitely lost contact with many ModTop owners because their email addresses have changed and did not get updated, but I'm definitely willing to send out a broadcast email to all Mod Top registry members to ping them for interest in Legendary material!

Hi JC,
I'm just glad to lend a hand in anyway i can as i personally think the Mod Top cars deserve a second chance at life with correct materials. It is good to see your enthusiasm and i am glad to help your cause with this issue of correctness.
Kenny.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 10/09/07 12:11 AM

OK, I'll ping the ModTop owners and see what I get back in terms of interest for Legendary to do a new run of repro material truer to the NOS pattern.

I'll post back a summary of responses to this forum and also contact Legendary with the summary info.
JC a.k.a. ModCuda

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 10/10/07 12:13 PM

Quote:

OK, I'll ping the ModTop owners and see what I get back in terms of interest for Legendary to do a new run of repro material truer to the NOS pattern.

I'll post back a summary of responses to this forum and also contact Legendary with the summary info.
JC a.k.a. ModCuda

Hi JC,
I recieved my ping from you. If anyone wants to respond here aswell they are more than welcome.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 10/12/07 04:52 PM

Quote:

...I'll post back a summary of responses to this forum and also contact Legendary with the summary info.

OK, here's what I've received so far from ModTop owners as of 10/12/07:

Out of 123 emails that I sent out to ModTop owners and/or aficionados:
-50 bounced back as unreachable or unknown
-10 bounced as not yet been delivered
-55 have not responded
-7 responded back that they are interested (one person had more than one car):
-- 3 1969 Barracudas
-- 2 1969 Dodges
-- 2 1970 Cudas (Yellow)
-- 1 1970 Cuda (Blue)
-- 1 1969 B-Body
1 responded that he doesn't need material at this time.

I'm going to wait another week for those that haven't responded and then send the results plus whatever interest is shown in this forum to Legendary.

ModCuda

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 10/13/07 02:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

...I'll post back a summary of responses to this forum and also contact Legendary with the summary info.

OK, here's what I've received so far from ModTop owners as of 10/12/07:

-55 have not responded
-7 responded back that they are interested (one person had more than one car):
-- 3 1969 Barracudas
-- 2 1969 Dodges
-- 2 1970 Cudas (Yellow)
-- 1 1970 Cuda (Blue)
-- 1 1969 B-Body
1 responded that he doesn't need material at this time.

I'm going to wait another week for those that haven't responded and then send the results plus whatever interest is shown in this forum to Legendary.

ModCuda

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hi Mod Top owners,
I have received an e-mail from Eric at Legendary. He has told me that the Mod Top material will be available in 6 to 8 months time ! This is just an estimated time, and not an absolute release date. We will check back with Legendary in 2 Month intervals to get a progress report.

""THANK YOU LEGENDARY AUTO INTERIORS""
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 10/13/07 08:36 PM

That is great news. Have or can you confirm that the Dodge Floral pattern is included? The reason I ask is that when Laysons did it they only made the plymouth style. Also, I registered my 69 GTS 383 with the Modtop registry and it never showed up on the site nor did I get a "ping". Thanks guys!

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 10/14/07 12:37 PM

Quote:

That is great news. Have or can you confirm that the Dodge Floral pattern is included? The reason I ask is that when Laysons did it they only made the plymouth style. Also, I registered my 69 GTS 383 with the Modtop registry and it never showed up on the site nor did I get a "ping". Thanks guys!

Jump back on and contact Moores Mopar about your details ! As for Dodge Material, i will have to get Legendary to specify what Mod Top material will be available.......... Hopefully it will be all forms of Mod Top, even the inside trim !!!!!!!!

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 10/25/07 10:46 PM

Quote:

Well, it's been a little more than a week but I've received a couple more responses.

So here are the totals as of 10/25/07:

-52 have not responded
-9 responded back that they are interested (one person had more than one car):
-- 5 1969 Barracudas
-- 2 1969 Dodges
-- 2 1970 Cudas (Yellow)
-- 1 1970 Cuda (Blue)
-- 1 1969 B-Body
2 responded that they don't need material at this time.

I will pass this information on to Legendary Interiors!

ModCuda

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 10/26/07 01:47 PM

Quote:

Well, it's been a little more than a week but I've received a couple more responses.

So here are the totals as of 10/25/07:

-52 have not responded
-9 responded back that they are interested (one person had more than one car):
-- 5 1969 Barracudas
-- 2 1969 Dodges
-- 2 1970 Cudas (Yellow)
-- 1 1970 Cuda (Blue)
-- 1 1969 B-Body

I will pass this information on to Legendary Interiors!

ModCuda

Excellant to hear the response so far Modcuda.
Maybe some people on this thread can reply with what color Mod Top material they would be interested in. there is nothing concrete yet but if more people jump on board, things do happen. no one will hold anyone accountable for showing interest in a part. It all just helps to get the ball rolling

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 10/27/07 12:32 PM

Please post colors needed so we can forward color information on to Legendary.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 10/27/07 01:36 PM

Here are the totals as of 10/26/07:

Out of 124 emails that I sent out to ModTop owners and/or aficionados (updated after further review of the input):
-52 have not responded
-10 responded back that they are interested (one person had more than one car):
-- 5 1969 Barracudas (Yellow/Black floral design)
-- 3 1969 Dodges (Green/Blue floral design for Darts, Coronets, SuperBees)
-- 1 1970 Cuda (Yellow/Black floral design, identical to 1969 Barracudas)
-- 2 1970 Cudas (Blue/Green floral design, identical to 1969 Satellite material)
-- 1 1969 B-Body (Blue/Green floral design for Satellites)

Thus, the bottom line total per color is:

6 Yellow/Black floral designs (for 1969-70 Barracudas)

3 Green/Blue floral designs (for 1969 Darts/Coronets/Bees)

3 Blue/Green floral designs (for 1969 Satellites and 1970 'Cuda Blue)

ModCuda

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 11/01/07 03:11 PM

What's the latest word form Legendary on this? Are we still 6 -8 mo.s out?

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 11/07/07 04:02 AM

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 11/08/07 09:57 PM

Quote:

What's the latest word form Legendary on this? Are we still 6 -8 mo.s out?

I will look into it and post a response here once i know more.
Posted By: Dingmaster

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 11/11/07 02:02 AM

If legendary makes the mod top matrial. would it be posible to have a convertible top made?
Would that be sweet or what!

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 11/12/07 01:37 PM

Quote:

If legendary makes the mod top matrial. would it be posible to have a convertible top made?
Would that be sweet or what!

WOW........... I suppose if you are willing to pay them to make a convertible top out of Mod Top material they would most likely make it.........
What car and color did you have in mind as a Mod Top convertible.
Posted By: fluegelmeister

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 11/12/07 10:56 PM

I would like to see the green/blue variety in shades of red/orange to match my 70 Rally Red Roard Runner. That would be cool.

Attached picture 3948150-Roadrunnerlook2.gif

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 11/12/07 11:05 PM

Quote:

I would like to see the green/blue variety in shades of red/orange to match my 70 Rally Red Roard Runner. That would be cool.

Someone has been playing photoshop........
Good effort, looks pretty cool.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 01/04/08 10:53 PM

I just got an email from Layson's (see quote below)!

I'd like your thoughts and input so I can reply back to Dave Layson.

Thanks - "modcuda"

Quote:

Hello,
Let me introduce myself - I am Dave Layson - owner of Layson's Restorations Inc. and I wanted to let you guys know that we are working on a new run of Mod-Top Materials in the Blue and Green colors. Currently we have only the yellow in stock and have had now enough interest for the "Blue / Green Floral" and the "Green / Gold Blue floral" to now make another limited run. We will also be making up some other goodies as well.

These runs will not occur until summer 2008 at earliest...may fall into Fall timezone depending on what all we have going on around here...days fly by like hours sometimes.

We are getting NEW original samples of the A-body floral design to make sure we correct any past slight flaws in design as well as verification that we get the color correct. I think we are still needing help for the B-Body green version however and if you can present that to your loyal fan club that we are looking for such - it may help everybody out.

We also have designs now done on the rear side glass "Mod Top" decals for the windows. We have them ready to go but are not sure on the colors they came in. Not sure if just one color or if they represented the color of the mod-top on the car and would then in effect be in (3) different options (Yellow, Green, and Blue)? We are open to ideas on this since we don't plan or can afford to do more than just one run of these decals.

Also - we would like to do the Mod-Top badges as well. We can do these in a small run as well but would need an original to tool from. Likely we would need the original for 6 months by the time you add in delays for samples and our production schedules. So again - if you have any member that has one off a car already and is willing to let us borrow one - we will supply his original back or cash compensation for it as well as a new reproduction.

Any other suggestions we would be glad to hear from you.

Thanks in advance

Dave Layson
Layson's Restorations Inc.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 01/05/08 02:16 AM

his yellow material isnt that good. the black lines are way too thick. his service blows. he claims to have stuff that never shows up in inventory. ask him how long its been since he had some of those terrible sbird park lamp lenses. i phones 8 mos ago for a friend and was told " we dont have them today, may not have them tomorrow, in fact we never know whats coming in until we open the box". im sure theres many on this board who can tell layson horror stories.
Posted By: old340dog

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 01/05/08 12:27 PM

From my experience with Layson's. As well as what others have either told me here or first hand. If Dave wants some suggestions they should work on customer relations.I got fedup with some of the people attitudes on the phone or no answer. I requested a catalog and never got that either.So I went elsewhere.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 01/05/08 01:00 PM

Well, I'll be happy to pass along comments about the lack of customer service (I've experienced it firsthand myself), but let's suppose for a moment that Dave Layson is serious about doing another run of mod material, and doing it correctly.

Is there anyone who has a sample or a car with the B Body green version (I assume he's talking about the Superbee/Dart, but maybe it's the Satellite instead - I'll have to check). Anyone know what happened to Rich Bellerby's Dart?

Also, does anyone know if the colors of the Mod Top decals in the rear quarter windows matched the color of the Mod Top on the car or were they all the same color? Anyone have any original drawings? I'm pretty sure only the Barracudas had the decals, but does anyone know that for sure? Did the Satellites, Darts, SuperBees have decals in their rear quarter windows?

There was also a question about the badges (I assume he meant the Satellite ones). I know of someone that has a good original that perhaps he can loan to Layson's, but does anyone know of any drawings? The Dodges apparently had a delta-shaped badge, but I don't think it was unique to the Mod Top - does anyone know? (Ref: Andy440's Bee website)

Here's two more questions. Since some have expressed concern about Layson's doing the new run of mod material, are there the same concerns if Legendary does the run? What if Legendary decides not to since Layson's is thinking about it?

Thanks,
modcuda

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 01/05/08 06:56 PM

i am confident that if legendary does the material it will be top notch.

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 01/10/08 05:42 PM

What's the status on Legndary" The last I heard it was.
I have received an e-mail from Eric at Legendary. He has told me that the Mod Top material will be available in 6 to 8 months time ! This is just an estimated time, and not an absolute release date. We will check back with Legendary in 2 Month intervals to get a progress report.
Is there any update since this last one in Oct of last year?

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 01/30/08 05:46 PM

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 04/14/08 03:23 AM

Anything ever happen with this? Shouldn't they be out by now?

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda and who needs Mod material - 09/27/08 03:58 PM

Posted By: Speeddemon

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 01/04/11 03:59 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Has this car been finished???
Posted By: Skeptic

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 01/04/11 06:00 AM

mega over 2 years between posts

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 01/04/15 07:27 AM

Quote:

mega over 2 years between posts

Giving this thread a resurgence with a big old bump Does anyone know if Legendary have put a plan in place to make the Mod Top material at all................ ANYONE

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 01/04/15 06:00 PM

My guess is no.
Anyone ask them if they've made a profit on the Gator Top repros yet?
Market probably not big enough to do the Mod/Floral tops.
Probably wasn't/isn't big enough for the Gator Tops either...

Don't get me wrong though, would LOVE them to reproduce the material.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 01/05/15 04:30 AM

SMS shows it on their website. No idea if it is correct or not. They also show the Paisley and Snake Skin too.

http://www.smsautofabrics.com/products/vinyl-tops.php

Kevin
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 01/05/15 04:40 AM

Anybody need Boar Grain? I still have a HUGE roll of original stuff that is silver with black crevices. I bought all the remaining rolls of this material from a local supplier back in the 80's - back before anybody reproduced this material. I had Antique Green, a little bit of butterscotch, & this silver stuff. It can be dyed any color. Legendary got all my green material - we did a little trading.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 01/05/15 06:54 AM

Quote:

SMS shows it on their website. No idea if it is correct or not. They also show the Paisley and Snake Skin too.

http://www.smsautofabrics.com/products/vinyl-tops.php

Kevin

Good luck with any dealings you may have with SMS. Guy's I know have said it often takes up to a year to get things like door panels from them..
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 01/05/15 07:19 AM

I've only dealt with them once for 10 yards of Pearl White for my New Yorker.

It arrived promptly and the quality was excellent.

There isn't much rocket science involved in rolling out material and cutting off 10 yards tho.

Kevin

Re: Mod Top E-body Barracuda - 01/06/15 01:39 AM

I just sent a request to SMS to see if i can get any samples and to what Mod Top colours they have. I will post my findings when they arrive.
© 2024 Moparts Forums