Moparts

gas tanks on ebay

Posted By: jim69rr

gas tanks on ebay - 03/24/10 11:59 PM

anyone have experience / opinions on the gas tanks on ebay?
they're cheap but are they good?
69 runner application
Posted By: generallee6901

Re: gas tanks on ebay - 03/25/10 12:06 AM

I bought one a couple of years ago for a 71 roadrunner.Looked exactly like original and fit good.Cost less than $100.00
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: gas tanks on ebay - 03/25/10 12:11 AM

I think most, if not all of them are made by spectra here in Canada. I've bought two of their tanks, both have fit like a glove.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: gas tanks on ebay - 03/25/10 12:58 AM

I bought the one for my Dart from Rock Auto, it was made by Spectra.
Posted By: smokkem

Re: gas tanks on ebay - 03/25/10 01:29 AM

had a good experience with tamraz's, google and check out all your options, and read the reviews, then pick your best choice for quality, price or whatever turns you on
Posted By: crlush

Re: gas tanks on ebay - 03/25/10 03:05 AM

I would stay with the ones made in canada (spectra) they are made with a shiny galvanized steel very nice tank. There are some china brand ones that I have personaly seen in person and wouldnt buy one for any car that I was going to keep (mambe if I needed one for a car that I was getting ready to sell and wanted to save some money) they look like there made out of some cheap steel and they would rust the first time they get wet, usually they are painted with a silver colored paint.
Posted By: StukaJU87

Re: gas tanks on ebay - 03/25/10 12:33 PM

Quote:

had a good experience with tamraz's, google and check out all your options, and read the reviews, then pick your best choice for quality, price or whatever turns you on

Same seller I was going to recommend. I bought my tank from him because he specified that it was a Spectra tank. Really nice piece that fit perfectly.
Posted By: shadowauto

Re: gas tanks on ebay - 03/25/10 03:06 PM

hI IF YOU BUY THE ONE MADE IN CANADA YOU HAVE NO PROBLEM THE ONE FROM CHINE WILL RUST IN NI TIME UNLESS YOU PODER COAT IT.
© 2024 Moparts Forums