Moparts

Ebody disk brake spindle service measurements???

Posted By: aarcuda

Ebody disk brake spindle service measurements??? - 03/22/10 12:10 PM

Are there measurments for the spindle diameter where the bearings sit? I have a little bearing slop after greasing and adjusting my front wheel bearings. The spindle looks a little worn where the puter bearing rides so I'd like measure it

Re: Ebody disk brake spindle service measurements??? - 03/22/10 08:59 PM

maybe I can ask a different question-

anyone know what the clearance is between the bearings and the spindle? I know there has to be some slight clearance so the inner race wont turn but what is it?
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: Ebody disk brake spindle service measurements??? - 03/22/10 11:25 PM

unless the spindles is noticably woren , scored etc, i cant believe its wore .
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Ebody disk brake spindle service measurements??? - 03/22/10 11:34 PM

If The bearing and spindle is new should have a SLIP FIT of .0015 (1 1/2 thousands), anything more than .005 (5 thousands) will cause galling/grooving to the spindle's surface, sleeves are available to repair worn spindles, but that will require machining,... new/ good used spindles are a much more viable alternative

Re: Ebody disk brake spindle service measurements??? - 03/23/10 01:49 AM

Quote:

unless the spindles is noticably woren , scored etc, i cant believe its wore .

i tried taking pictures but they didnt cme out too well. tbottom od the spindle has a polished area where the inner bearing would sit. the face the place where the seal rides is also scored somewhat. on the spindle where the out bearing sits, it has a polished look on the drivers side, and what looks to be scoring on the passenger side.

its hard to get a good picture since it reflect the light so well and it blows out the contrast
© 2024 Moparts Forums