Moparts

HEMI CUDA, BRAKE PEDAL STUCK HALFWAY DOWN

Posted By: Youngblood

HEMI CUDA, BRAKE PEDAL STUCK HALFWAY DOWN - 03/19/10 11:46 PM

Going to look at a Cuda tomorrow morning. The pedal is apparently stuck halfway down. Anyone seen this before? Any Ideas? I'm guessing it is either that offset linkage or the booster, but have never heard of this problem.Any tips appreciated
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: HEMI CUDA, BRAKE PEDAL STUCK HALFWAY DOWN - 03/19/10 11:57 PM

If the master cylinder has rust in the bore, or the Brake pedal-to pushrod bolt is too tight, it may cause a bind.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: HEMI CUDA, BRAKE PEDAL STUCK HALFWAY DOWN - 03/20/10 12:06 AM

Quote:

Going to look at a Cuda tomorrow morning. The pedal is apparently stuck halfway down. ? Any Ideas?

(1) A hemi cuda? If I was closer I should come along to keep you company (2) might split the M/C from the booster and seperate it several inches to isolate them to find out which one is the culprit.
Posted By: smokkem

Re: HEMI CUDA, BRAKE PEDAL STUCK HALFWAY DOWN - 03/20/10 03:11 AM

just buy it, it can be easily fixed
Posted By: Youngblood

Re: HEMI CUDA, BRAKE PEDAL STUCK HALFWAY DOWN - 03/20/10 02:23 PM

Quote:

just buy it, it can be easily fixed

That is FUNNY! I am going to work, not buy. Took it apart today, booster is the problem. Anybody know who fixes 'em RIGHT? Also, them are a pain in the [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] to get out
Posted By: smokkem

Re: HEMI CUDA, BRAKE PEDAL STUCK HALFWAY DOWN - 03/21/10 01:00 AM

oh ok, that is funny, my bad, i just assumed...

dual diaphram bendix I assume again??

I got mine from a guy in nevada--- who had a guy rebuild it--- that was supposed to be one of the best at rebuilds, i'll see if I can track that source down and let you know. Should be relatively easy to find a company to get that done.
Posted By: Dougsmopars

Re: HEMI CUDA, BRAKE PEDAL STUCK HALFWAY DOWN - 03/21/10 01:13 AM

Dewey Boosters. Very well known rebuilder. Excellent product. Excellent service. boosterdeweyexchange.com
Posted By: DennisH

Re: HEMI CUDA, BRAKE PEDAL STUCK HALFWAY DOWN - 03/21/10 04:30 AM

On the Toyotas it's all the way down.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: HEMI CUDA, BRAKE PEDAL STUCK HALFWAY DOWN - 03/21/10 04:39 AM

Quote:

On the Toyotas it's all the way down.

Posted By: speedy515

Re: HEMI CUDA, BRAKE PEDAL STUCK HALFWAY DOWN - 03/21/10 06:06 AM

Bush Power Brake 1(619) 474-8906 ask for Steve. His shop is a bit far from you but he does excellent work. 90%+ of the local shops that advertise booster rebuilding actually send the booster or M/C to him and then mark up the price and take credit for his work.
© 2024 Moparts Forums