Moparts

Brake bleeder

Posted By: Hemiruss

Brake bleeder - 03/11/10 03:19 PM

Any suggestions on a 1 man brake bleeder system??
Posted By: RSI700VIPER

Re: Brake bkeeder - 03/11/10 03:32 PM

Your local autozone or napa dealer has a little gadget that will work. It's a plastic cup, with a hose and vent tube that you hook up to the bleeder, then just pump the pedal. There is a more sophisticated (and more $)version that acts like a vacuum pump.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Brake bleeder - 03/11/10 03:36 PM

I like (and use) the Vacula.It works great.
Posted By: HitIt

Re: Brake bleeder - 03/11/10 05:35 PM

Sears Crapsman has a light duty and heavy duty version. These are the handheld, had actuated pumps. I bought their light duty one a few years ago and used it a bunch of times. It has finally given out. I am going to probably pick up their better one for $60. I think the last one was $30.

Also do you have a compressor? Those like the Vacula are great if you have a compressor. Those work way better if you have a completely empty system since it needs to move a lot of air and fluid. With the hand pumps, it takes way too much effort to do the same. They might be better for maintenance type bleeding during a brake job or hose replacement than starting from scratch.

I’m interested in what else people are using since I’m in the market for a new one.
Posted By: BSharp

Re: Brake bleeder - 03/11/10 06:23 PM

Get these Speed Bleeders from Russell or their generic equivalents from the parts store. Less than $25 for 4, and from there on out you'll only need a tube and cup. They work great.
Posted By: Bdrainy

Re: Brake bleeder - 03/11/10 06:37 PM

Quote:

Get these Speed Bleeders from Russell or their generic equivalents from the parts store. Less than $25 for 4, and from there on out you'll only need a tube and cup. They work great.

Same here! These are what I use and they work great!
Posted By: Lefty

Re: Brake bleeder - 03/11/10 09:13 PM

Quote:

Best invention since toilet paper...

Re: Brake bleeder - 03/11/10 11:04 PM

I just ordered 2 sets of 5/16" Thanks guys...
Posted By: 471Magnum

Re: Brake bleeder - 03/11/10 11:17 PM

Front disc bleeders are 3/8" IIRC. Rears are 5/16". They don't make the speed bleeders in 5/16"... or if they do, I haven't been able to find them.

Edit: I should say I haven't been able to find them at the parts stores which carry the Dorman "Help!" bleeders.

Re: Brake bleeder - 03/11/10 11:28 PM

Crap I ordered 1/2 of the wrong ones,and Jegs has them under Russell Bleeders(639530 and they showed the same size front&rear...also co.called Speed Bleeders
Posted By: 471Magnum

Re: Brake bleeder - 03/11/10 11:38 PM

I believe they are the same if you've got drums all around, but disc have the bigger size.

The 3/8 ones are available at many discount parts stores in the "Help!" section.
Posted By: Leadfoot

Re: Brake bleeder - 03/11/10 11:51 PM

I just run a hose from the bleeder screw into a mason jar half full of fluid. Open the bleeder screw and pump away. Get out, close the screw and move on the the next one.
Posted By: BDW

Re: Brake bleeder - 03/12/10 03:48 AM

I saved this from a previous post, haven't got around to getting them

For the front Calipers I used P/N 12701. For the rear Drum Brakes I used P/N 12704. My application is a 72 Plymouth Fury Wagon.

These are Dorman PNs you can find in the Help Section (page 5)

http://www.dormanproducts.com/catalog/motormite/008-017_BFinal.pdf
© 2024 Moparts Forums