Moparts

cuda tail light panel black paint question

Posted By: jbcuda

cuda tail light panel black paint question - 03/08/10 02:35 PM

currently my 74 barracuda rear panel is painted red matching the body. i would like to paint it black and was wondering what would be the best color,brand and procedure to do this using sray bombs until i can get the car repainted in a few years?
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: cuda tail light panel black paint question - 03/08/10 03:30 PM

Spray bomb route ??? That's an easy one...Get Krylon semi-gloss black...Walmart carries it...Tape off the tailpanel and shoot a good coverage coat or two...Then stand back and mist coat to add some texture....The nice thing about the krylon is it will cover without lifting the paint and you can touch-up any time if need be without the issues other bombs have...

Re: cuda tail light panel black paint question - 03/08/10 05:19 PM

sounds good to me thanks!
Posted By: Snoopy

Re: cuda tail light panel black paint question - 03/08/10 06:19 PM

DP90 Black epoxy primer.
Posted By: 340KID

Re: cuda tail light panel black paint question - 03/09/10 12:47 AM

I used rustoleum black textured paint, laid down real nice - did a couple of coats and it came out perfect.

Attached picture 5853155-P1060614(Large).JPG

Re: cuda tail light panel black paint question - 03/09/10 01:24 PM

how did you prep the panel before paint? looks great!
Posted By: ScatPakWarehouse

Re: cuda tail light panel black paint question - 03/09/10 02:11 PM

Spray bomb route ??? That's an easy one...Get Krylon semi-gloss black...Walmart carries it...Tape off the tailpanel and shoot a good coverage coat or two...Then stand back and mist coat to add some texture....The nice thing about the krylon is it will cover without lifting the paint and you can touch-up any time if need be without the issues other bombs have... Did this 28 years ago still looks great ... Sorry no pics
Posted By: 340KID

Re: cuda tail light panel black paint question - 03/10/10 03:29 AM

when i had the car painted, the shop sprayed it in base/clear (black with a flattening agent) and it came out glossy, it did not look good, so i scuffed it and shot it with the texture spray bomb, did the panel and the spoiler, it looks a little glossy in this pic but it is not, it has a nice fine texture and looks real good, it's almost like a black argent.
© 2024 Moparts Forums