Moparts

new cuda body

Posted By: magiccuda

new cuda body - 03/06/10 02:10 AM

Heard a roomer, that I think they said dynacorn is about to release a new 70 or 71 cuda body on to the market. anyone know if this is so?
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: new cuda body - 03/06/10 05:13 AM

heard rumors about it...they make mostly all the parts to put one together....
Posted By: Reggie

Re: new cuda body - 03/06/10 05:41 AM

Hot Rod article here says it's Promax Corporation's Vennom line that has a Cuda in the works.

Attached picture 5848064-Promax.jpg

Re: new cuda body - 03/06/10 10:06 AM

looks like its so. I dont quite hnow weather to be excited or not, when they show up the prices of some of the rare parts that are awhready hard to get and expencive may just go through the roof as fokes start to build them. Any idea when they might hit the market?
Posted By: cogen80

Re: new cuda body - 03/06/10 12:22 PM

i think its a good thing to make complete bodies. sure beats fixing the rust buckets out there. get to start with all new metal.
Posted By: Reggie

Re: new cuda body - 03/06/10 02:40 PM

Quote:

looks like its so. I dont quite hnow weather to be excited or not, when they show up the prices of some of the rare parts that are awhready hard to get and expencive may just go through the roof as fokes start to build them. Any idea when they might hit the market?

That's all I saw on it. You might contact Promax directly to see they have any more info.

Quote:

i think its a good thing to make complete bodies. sure beats fixing the rust buckets out there. get to start with all new metal.

Yeah, plus you won't have to hear; "I'm going to fix it up someday..."
Posted By: ehbody

Re: new cuda body - 03/07/10 01:11 AM

All their cars seem to be "restyled" for protour use. So I won't hold my breath for a stock body from them.
Posted By: GO_Fish

Re: new cuda body - 03/07/10 01:22 AM

that's going to be a tricky thing to pull off. You can't just built a new 70 or 71 cuda, it would have to pass 2010 safety and emissions spec's. Maybe it would just be a rolling chassis for the buyer to finish? I'm going to go back and read the linky now

Re: new cuda body - 03/07/10 01:55 AM

you can buy a new 69 camaro now, a bare body for the starting point maby thats how they are getting around the 2010 crash stuff. Maby uncle sam looks at it like a kit car but I would think it would have to be titled for the year of build.
Posted By: ademon

Re: new cuda body - 03/07/10 02:43 AM

i here the shell will go for 14k, just a shell.

Re: new cuda body - 03/07/10 03:40 PM

Thats a good point, I never really thought about it that they aready make almost all the panels to make one. Heck I could just buy sheet metal parts build a jig clamp the parts in start welding and before you know it shazam one new cuda body. Regester it as a kit car and take a ride. woppe
Posted By: Ply72rr

Re: new cuda body - 03/07/10 06:18 PM

In my state (and I think most states)if you build a hot rod such as a 1934 ford from all new parts you still title it as a 1934 ford. It does not have to meet current emissions/safety requirements. A reproduction only has to meet the standards of the year an original was made.
Posted By: Dougsmopars

Re: new cuda body - 03/07/10 08:33 PM

You buy that body and put your dash and fender tag. Done. Not a kit car. Whats the difference when now some cars are getting every panel replaced anyway? If you have no tags then state vin would be required and car really isn't worth the money invested.
Posted By: mopargem

Re: new cuda body - 03/08/10 12:56 AM

Quote:

You buy that body and put your dash and fender tag. Done. Not a kit car. Whats the difference when now some cars are getting every panel replaced anyway? If you have no tags then state vin would be required and car really isn't worth the money invested.

Sounds like you're suggesting a rebody
I think in most states you have to get an inspection and then an issued VIN. The Cobra kits I have seen for sale are titled as late models.
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: new cuda body - 03/08/10 01:45 AM

Look closely at the new Dynacorn 70 mustang fastback adds in the latest rags...They're listed as a liscensed ford replacement body...Not a kit car...
Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: new cuda body - 03/08/10 02:06 AM

Just hardtops, what about a convertable Cuda.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: new cuda body - 03/08/10 02:11 AM

From the Q&A at www.dynacorn.com;

"Hello, I am wondering about the vin tag. Or registration, title. How would a person go about getting one of these registered? Also, when it was registered it wouldn't be a " '69 " or would it be an '04? I am also wondering if a door from a coupe with glass would work on the convertable as well.
Thank you for your time.
-Greg"

"I twill come with a unique application for a VIN. As they are maanufactured in the state of NC by a licensed car manufacturer, they will come with their own vin for registration purposess."
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: new cuda body - 03/08/10 04:53 PM

Here's another from the site.. vin faq
Posted By: chargervert

Re: new cuda body - 03/08/10 08:42 PM

I heard Dynacorn has a Challenger body in the works too.
Posted By: cogen80

Re: new cuda body - 03/09/10 12:51 AM

Quote:

i here the shell will go for 14k, just a shell.

that is cheap when ya add up what it would cost you to buy all the metal,have it installed and painted. your starting with a rust free body. no hidden rust at all. that saves a ton of labor
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: new cuda body - 03/09/10 01:53 AM

Just a tip for anyone thinking of moving an existing VIN to another body - check with your local state police first.

Why folks think they need an old VIN on a new car is beyond me, why take the chance of having it seized & possible jail time? The state assigned VIN is the legal way to go. Laws do vary by state, so consult your state police with any questions.
© 2024 Moparts Forums