Moparts

intake manifold bypass fitting

Posted By: Schluck02

intake manifold bypass fitting - 03/01/10 12:10 AM

i was wondering what people use for the fitting that runs from the intake to the water pump on new intakes. I bopught an air gap intake and can't find a fitting any where local. its the 3/4 thread and 1" hose fitting. i found one on summit made by mopar for $30 but that seems a little high to me. an suggestions? Thanks
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: intake manifold bypass fitting - 03/01/10 12:12 AM

Last time I was in that pickle I went to a pick a part yard and got one from a mid 80's truck W/ a small block
Posted By: buildanother

Re: intake manifold bypass fitting - 03/01/10 12:18 AM

In a pinch, I cut a small chunk of 3/4" water pipe down and cranked it into manifold with channelocks, which left some rough marks that the hose could hold onto once clamped. 3 years, still good not leaking.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: intake manifold bypass fitting - 03/01/10 12:29 AM

try ebay, I think I paid around $15 for the pair.
Posted By: 440newport

Re: intake manifold bypass fitting - 03/01/10 12:32 AM

I couldn't find a new one either. I destroyed my old one trying to get it out so I used a 3/4 water pipe coupler and cut the threads off the other end. I roughed up the surface with some sand paper and it's been fine 6 years so far.
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: intake manifold bypass fitting - 03/01/10 12:51 AM

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/19lasmblheho.html

Posted By: Schluck02

Re: intake manifold bypass fitting - 03/01/10 12:58 AM

yeah i saw those but the thing is i've been ordering stuff from them and summit on a regular basis because i seem to always forget one thing after each time i order so I think that maybe if i stop ordering i'll stop forgetting things.
© 2024 Moparts Forums