Moparts

SCUMACHER MOUNTS FOR HEMI

Posted By: old_racer

SCUMACHER MOUNTS FOR HEMI - 02/18/10 01:34 PM

Any one use the schumacher mounts to put a 426 hemi on a std big block k-member?, this is a 68 roadrunner. thought I read somewhere that the motor sat a little higher. I want to use headers.
thanks
Russ
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: SCUMACHER MOUNTS FOR HEMI - 02/18/10 01:44 PM

i have hemi with schumacher mounts on a big block k member in a 72 road runner. TTI headers.
motor sits a bit higher and off to one side, don't remember witch side. it really isn't that far off so you can't make some small adjustments to make it fit.
i have a buddy who installed several hemi's with repo mounts and k members and had just as much trouble getting things to fit as i did with mine.
on mine i would use the 2 1/8" tube headers instead of the 2 1/4" ones.
Posted By: HemiStan

Re: SCUMACHER MOUNTS FOR HEMI - 02/18/10 01:51 PM

I used those mounts when I put a Hemi in my '68 Charger. I thought they worked fine. I had an old beat up set of Hooker headers that I massaged a little bit and everything was good to go. I don't know if a better set of headers would have needed massaging or not. I also ran manual steering.

As a matter of fact, I will be putting those same mounts on another engine which I am putting in a '67 GTX originally equipped with a 440.

Stan
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: SCUMACHER MOUNTS FOR HEMI - 02/18/10 02:20 PM

Which conversion mounts are better, Schumacher or Arruzza? Arruzza looks a little more robust, but the left mount is a solid....
Posted By: mike69rr

Re: SCUMACHER MOUNTS FOR HEMI - 02/18/10 10:34 PM

used them to put a hemi in a 67 440 GTX also, was a easy job and worked A-OK.
Posted By: toplescuda

Re: SCUMACHER MOUNTS FOR HEMI - 02/19/10 12:49 AM

Quote:

Which conversion mounts are better, Schumacher or Arruzza? Arruzza looks a little more robust, but the left mount is a solid....

we just bought some they came in today got a pic showing the 2? i dont know wich ones i have
will be going into 74 challenger
Posted By: toplescuda

Re: SCUMACHER MOUNTS FOR HEMI - 02/19/10 07:12 AM

ok i opend up the box and looked at them and i guiess mine are neither
came with a paperwork showing other mounts and by tinman fabrickation in oak grove mn.
(tinmanfabrication.com) these are the ones sold off e bay and are orange (in the ad) but thay cope pawder coated black and apear to be very nicely made came with all the bolts even to bolt to the block
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: SCUMACHER MOUNTS FOR HEMI - 02/19/10 07:37 AM

A buddy of mine has the Schumacher mounts on his 70 Hemicuda clone with a SHAKER hood and everything lines up perfectly.

Schumachers website http://www.engine-swaps.com/
Posted By: torkrules

Re: SCUMACHER MOUNTS FOR HEMI - 02/19/10 12:35 PM

Quote:

Any one use the schumacher mounts to put a 426 hemi on a std big block k-member?, this is a 68 roadrunner. thought I read somewhere that the motor sat a little higher. I want to use headers.
thanks
Russ

I used them on a 69 RR. Fit perfect, but you need to check things. Stuff was all over the map back then
© 2024 Moparts Forums