Moparts

B-Body Handling

Posted By: m300b

B-Body Handling - 02/18/10 03:30 AM

Want to improve handling for a 66' B body 383 4-speed on the cheap. A street car but I want it to feel like the newer cars. Moog offset upper control arm bushings or tubular arms? (looking to get about 4 degrees + caster?) Front & rear sway bars-Addco or Mopar Performance? FirmFeel power steering #3 with long pitman?
Mark
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: B-Body Handling - 02/18/10 07:33 AM

Quote:

Want to improve handling for a 66' B body 383 4-speed on the cheap. A street car but I want it to feel like the newer cars. Moog offset upper control arm bushings or tubular arms? (looking to get about 4 degrees + caster?) Front & rear sway bars-Addco or Mopar Performance? FirmFeel power steering #3 with long pitman?
Mark

First, this is posted in the wrong forum. Should be in Q & A Section.

-Stock A-arm with moog offset bushings

-1.00" Torsion bars that Just Suspension is blowing out for like $159/pr. I think the sale ends soon, so hurry up.

-On the cheap Addco sway bars for around $100 ea on ebay. But the front attachment setup really stinks. Firm Feel, Hellwig, Hotchkis are all very good. Go with what fits your budget and the detail features you like.

-Make sure the long pitman works with your headers or has room behind you current headpipe. IIRC, its sets over 1" further back. Comfirm distance with Firm Feel.

Do all that you WILL notice a big difference.
Posted By: Dixie

Re: B-Body Handling - 02/19/10 12:15 AM

Mark,

We have adjustable strut rods for $120 pair, or $150/pr with bushings. They are larger than stock and offer over an inch more of adjustment.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Randy

Attached picture 5815265-006.JPG
Posted By: jcc

Re: B-Body Handling - 02/19/10 04:02 AM

Quote:

I agree and disagree with that comment, Oh nevermind, why bother
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: B-Body Handling - 02/19/10 05:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I agree and disagree with that comment, Oh nevermind, why bother

Posted By: ThermoQuad

Re: B-Body Handling - 02/19/10 11:14 AM

I can't resist...my humblest apologies to most of you...

Please go to the new the Forced Induction section we never asked for but got...all your answers are in there.
Posted By: 67autocross

Re: B-Body Handling - 02/19/10 01:10 PM

Can I post handling questions if my car has a turbo?
Posted By: lokalik

Re: B-Body Handling - 02/19/10 01:28 PM

hope i posted my in the correct from oops i mean form . anyway check out XV motorsports.com they have b body stuff for handling.
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: B-Body Handling - 02/19/10 03:40 PM

Quote:

I can't resist...my humblest apologies to most of you...

Please go to the new the Forced Induction section we never asked for but got...all your answers are in there.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=0&fpart=1

© 2024 Moparts Forums