Moparts

Using 73 Coronet Disc Brake Spindles on 71 Challenger

Posted By: plumcrazyshane

Using 73 Coronet Disc Brake Spindles on 71 Challenger - 02/15/10 01:40 AM

I'm in the process of putting disc brakes from donor car 73 Coronet onto my 71 Challenger.
I realize the spindle height on the Coronet is a bout 1/4 inch more. Has anyone done this? I realize it will change the geometry somewhat. But will I notice? Thanks!
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Using 73 Coronet Disc Brake Spindles on 71 Challenger - 02/15/10 02:17 AM

No issuses,.....I've used the 73 B knukle before on E body disc swaps,....no issuses with front end alignments regarding caster/camber adjustment specs,....I currently have 73 B spindels on the front of my Daytona, using earlier pin style brackets for the calipers, again no alignment issuses......street/track use

Mike

Attached picture 5804870-0000a.jpg
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Using 73 Coronet Disc Brake Spindles on 71 Challenger - 02/15/10 03:25 PM

bolt them on and have no worries. Have done it for a couple cars and never had a problem, plus new rotors were only $35 ea when I did it.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Using 73 Coronet Disc Brake Spindles on 71 Challenger - 02/15/10 05:59 PM

I have them on my 65 B body also.Better than the A body ones I took off.Rocky
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Using 73 Coronet Disc Brake Spindles on 71 Challenger - 02/15/10 06:45 PM

Quote:

I'm in the process of putting disc brakes from donor car 73 Coronet onto my 71 Challenger.
I realize the spindle height on the Coronet is a bout 1/4 inch more. Has anyone done this? I realize it will change the geometry somewhat. But will I notice? Thanks!

We need one of those little pop ups that says "congrats, you're the one millionith person to ask this question"!

Tall knuckle vs short knuckle has been a big debate for at least 10 years. I'm sure nobody wants to even talk about it anymore it has been so beat to death. If you're concerned about over angling the upper ball joint then just buy the upper a arms from Firm Feel which have the ball joint angle adjusted to work with the taller arms.

I recommend the tall knuckles for any performance applications. Tall knuckles, FFI upper arms, and a 13 inch brake kit is the combo that works the best with a 17 inch rim. The late model FMJ knuckles are lighter than the shorter A body knuckles and they give you a better camber curve.
Posted By: Lefty

Re: Using 73 Coronet Disc Brake Spindles on 71 Challenger - 02/15/10 07:53 PM

Quote:

I realize it will change the geometry somewhat

Read this, good info...

http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/spindles.shtml
© 2024 Moparts Forums