Moparts

Cuda with Unisteer U-joint problem

Posted By: danbs23

Cuda with Unisteer U-joint problem - 02/14/10 07:52 AM

I have a 70 Cuda with the Unisteer rack n pinion kit installed (per the instructions). I have a problem with the u-joints binding due to the extream angle that is designed into it.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Posted By: Blakcharger440

Re: Cuda with Unisteer U-joint problem - 02/14/10 04:32 PM

I dont think many guys have purchased the Unisteer due to the poor engineering of it.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Cuda with Unisteer U-joint problem - 02/14/10 04:34 PM

Quote:

I dont think many guys have purchased the Unisteer due to the poor engineering of it.

And multipule known problems..

Re: Cuda with Unisteer U-joint problem - 02/16/10 03:23 AM

I'm pulling the piece of crap out and reinstalling the manual steering. What a waste of $.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Cuda with Unisteer U-joint problem - 02/16/10 03:44 AM

Did you buy it through Year One? Cause they have a great return policy...
Posted By: rcannon440

Re: Cuda with Unisteer U-joint problem - 06/15/10 01:44 AM

Bought one for my Charger several years ago, read my post about it. It will open your eyes!

Re: Cuda with Unisteer U-joint problem - 06/15/10 08:18 AM

I did buy it from Year 1 and they took it back, no problem. Only cost me $125 in shipping!!!
The guy from Y1 said they had sold 23 of these units and I was the only one to complain of problems. Regardless, I feel it is a very poorly designed setup.
Posted By: MAVERICKSHEMI

Re: Cuda with Unisteer U-joint problem - 06/15/10 09:03 AM

They are Junk. Got one in my shop now.
Posted By: rtsinc

Re: Cuda with Unisteer U-joint problem - 07/15/10 10:56 AM

i bought the same unit for my challenger wow what a poor design. called tech guy at unisteer and he said too bad no help for me. tried to shave off sides of u joiny to help binding but angle tto great will send back to yearone.. BS they have not had complaints YO said same thing to me. if they made a 90 degree gear drive box to handle angle it should work. the most any u joint should be 30 degrees this crappy system is asking for 45 degrees
© 2024 Moparts Forums