Moparts

custom-arched brake shoe,s

Posted By: buckeye

custom-arched brake shoe,s - 02/13/10 12:46 AM

hi just read an article in hemmings muscle about a a-12 super bee they talked about custum -arch brake shoes on 11 inc drum,s anyone have these or any imformation on them thank,s as usal
Posted By: stumpy

Re: custom-arched brake shoe,s - 02/13/10 01:13 AM

There was a post on this a few days ago so a quick search might find it.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: custom-arched brake shoe,s - 02/13/10 01:14 AM

You would call your brake specialty shop & inquire if (1) they have the equipment to arc them (2) if they need the drums to measure them exactly (I would imagine so) (3) If any restriction on the kind of lining they can or cannot grind then you would take your drums and shoe purchase in to them. Might ask them on their recommendation for performance shoes also.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: custom-arched brake shoe,s - 02/13/10 01:20 AM

Wayne Smothers, the guy who worked on the car and had the brakes done, is a member here.

Big Squeeze
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: custom-arched brake shoe,s - 02/13/10 02:01 AM

By performing this proceedure,it insures that the max amount of shoe hits the drum.Have you ever seen shoes where it looks like just the outer part of the shoe is wearing and the center is untouched??This helps eliminate this condition
Posted By: Stanton

Re: custom-arched brake shoe,s - 02/13/10 03:31 AM

The metal shoes aren't arched, the material is ground (or "arched") to match the drums. The shop manual calls for this too.

Years ago I took a set back to a shop and explained what "needed" to be done. They looked at me kinda funny but took all the stuff. The next day I got them back and someone had had at them with a disk grinder. I used them and they worked but given the amount of work the rears do I think its a waste on anything but a track car of sorts - and then they likely wouldn't be using drums! I think they'd wear in pretty quick anyhow.
Posted By: buckeye

Re: custom-arched brake shoe,s - 02/14/10 12:31 AM

was wondering just how good the stoping power was and if any one had them installed
© 2024 Moparts Forums