Moparts

BB Oil pump without gasket?

Posted By: StealthWedge67

BB Oil pump without gasket? - 02/02/10 01:37 AM

Anyone ever try, with success, to install an oil pump with just sealant; no gasket?

(My melling oil pump from the source showed up without a gasket. just thinking maybe I don't really need one.)
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: BB Oil pump without gasket? - 02/02/10 01:51 AM

cut a piece from a manila folder, one of those thin red yellow or green ones and set it on the face and use a ball pein hammer to outline the oil passage/bolt holes then cut em out, add your favorite spray on gasket cement & you're good.
Posted By: bb74swngr

Re: BB Oil pump without gasket? - 02/02/10 02:02 AM

I got some oil pump gaskets from "BIGBLOCKAHOLIC" who's here on Moparts. You may want to contact him.
Russ:)
Posted By: Commando1

Re: BB Oil pump without gasket? - 02/02/10 02:03 PM

Don't play silly games over an inexpensive gasket.
Get one. 440 Source has them as well as others.
Posted By: dOoC

Re: BB Oil pump without gasket? - 02/02/10 02:06 PM

HELL ...I will bet that someone close to you have one in their gasket box OR on a core motor they would just GIVE YOU.

I know that I have at-least 2 or three spares from those DC gasket packages from years ago.
Posted By: Hughes

Re: BB Oil pump without gasket? - 02/02/10 02:49 PM

We offer the gaskets for $1.95. If you want one call me and I can put it in an envelope and mail it. it will only cost you $2.00.
http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/produ...mp;partid=22817

Kevin @ Hughes

Attached picture 5776595-TheHughesLogofourth.jpg
Posted By: therocks

Re: BB Oil pump without gasket? - 02/02/10 09:34 PM

NAPA used to have the gasket and O ring as a set.It was only a few bucks for the last one I bought.Rocky
Posted By: torkrules

Re: BB Oil pump without gasket? - 02/02/10 11:15 PM

Quote:

Anyone ever try, with success, to install an oil pump with just sealant; no gasket?

(My melling oil pump from the source showed up without a gasket. just thinking maybe I don't really need one.)

The pump rebuild kit is still available from the dealer. I just bought one a couple of months ago.
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: BB Oil pump without gasket? - 02/03/10 04:10 AM

Got one coming from Kevin at Hughes. What a great guy! I was embarrassed to even ask him to take the effort for just a few bucks, but he was eager to help. Next time I'm in the market for some parts...... Straight to Hughes!!
Posted By: Commando1

Re: BB Oil pump without gasket? - 02/03/10 01:38 PM

That's what it's all about. Customer service!
© 2024 Moparts Forums