Moparts

My 71 Cuda installing 5.7 hemi wanting 5 speed

Posted By: sbhpcb

My 71 Cuda installing 5.7 hemi wanting 5 speed - 01/26/10 02:41 AM

OK I bought a parts only 5.7 auto 2005 SLT 1500 truck 36K miles, sideswiped down the drivers side. It has a lot of really nice parts that I will be listing on CL. NOW I plan to keep the motor Runable till I am ready to put it in. What all can I use off the truck What parts do I need to look for? I have looked at this for 2 years, I just want a good dependable Driving car that is very peppy. I have had the car since 1982 when I first cobled it together. Thanks for any Ideas of money saving parts that would work. I will ultimatly spend what it takes but sooner will have to be cheaper.
Posted By: ledft79

Re: My 71 Cuda installing 5.7 hemi wanting 5 speed - 01/26/10 03:35 AM

I am getting ready to start the same project in a 71 chally. There is lots to do. Save the motor with every thing on it, belts hoses,alternator, every thing. Save the wire harnes, computer, I am even using the trany, and saved the drive shaft. You will probably want to get headers, and a mini starter. You will need motor mounts, oil filter relocater kit, electric fuel pump, and I've been told that a low presure ps pump will be needed. I sent my wire harness to street and performance, and they stripped off all unnecessary junk, [air bags, abs, and so on.] They also labeled all ends, and it came back with a S&P computer. There is lots of info out there on this swap. I did not find any info on how to make the electronic gas pedal work or how to make the speedo work with this trany,[trucks do not have the spedo sender in the trany].

Re: My 71 Cuda installing 5.7 hemi wanting 5 speed - 01/26/10 11:13 AM

Will all the pullys a/c alt etc work in there current configuration? How do I find S&P and what does the computer cost and what did the wiring mod cost ?
Posted By: gdemon

Re: My 71 Cuda installing 5.7 hemi wanting 5 speed - 01/26/10 02:27 PM

Hi

You can skip the oil filter relocation and get the 45deg adaptor that comes on the cars and Grand Cherokee. For the gas pedal you need the throttle converter box off of the inner fender on the truck. You can see it the pic of my car. It is near the brake booster.

Attached picture 5760719-resizeside.jpg

Re: My 71 Cuda installing 5.7 hemi wanting 5 speed - 01/26/10 02:28 PM

throttle

Attached picture 5760722-throttleconverter.jpg

Re: My 71 Cuda installing 5.7 hemi wanting 5 speed - 01/26/10 02:29 PM

oil

Attached picture 5760725-DSCF0337.JPG
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: My 71 Cuda installing 5.7 hemi wanting 5 speed - 01/26/10 02:33 PM

a friend is battling the final stages of a hemi jeep build.
Speedo is his issue. The (hemi truck) rear axle uses a 2 wire voltage frequency sensor to the ABS module. He is not using that axle, but the Jeep axle that does not have a tone wheel or sensor. The ABS (or CAB in Mopar-speak) sends a 5V-ground square wave to the PCM for speed signal, which sends to the IC (used the stock truck cluster). How are you guys getting a good MPH signal through everything so the IC and trans are happy?
Posted By: roadrunninMark

Re: My 71 Cuda installing 5.7 hemi wanting 5 speed - 01/26/10 03:28 PM

Posted By: hemibeep

Re: My 71 Cuda installing 5.7 hemi wanting 5 speed - 01/26/10 10:48 PM

not to highjack, put I have a brand new 45 deg oil adapter in box if someone needs one. not needed for alterkation setup.
thanks

Re: My 71 Cuda installing 5.7 hemi wanting 5 speed - 01/27/10 12:49 AM

What do you want for the filter adapter? Part# ?
© 2024 Moparts Forums