Moparts

Who Has the Best E Body Vert Lift Cylinders ???

Posted By: Classof70Chally

Who Has the Best E Body Vert Lift Cylinders ??? - 01/25/10 11:35 PM

While removing my carpeting for replacement I noticed one of my vert top lift cylinders leaking. It's leaking at a fitting as well as the shaft itself. As long as I have the rear panels off for access I'm going to replace both cylinders. Does any sponsor/member here sell these ? Thanks
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Who Has the Best E Body Vert Lift Cylinders ??? - 01/26/10 12:06 AM

Hydro-Electric is the usual supplier but on E bodies the cheap way is to grab a pair of cylinders off a K-car vert.. They are probably getting harder to find these days but back when I built my vert they were cluttering the local Pick-n-Pulls & a pair of cylinders was $20.00...
Posted By: 6pkaar

Re: Who Has the Best E Body Vert Lift Cylinders ??? - 01/26/10 02:30 AM

Quote:

grab a pair of cylinders off a K-car vert..

Doesn't it have to be an early K-car?
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Who Has the Best E Body Vert Lift Cylinders ??? - 01/26/10 05:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

grab a pair of cylinders off a K-car vert..

Doesn't it have to be an early K-car?

Any of the Boxy style.. The rounder ones at appeared around 1990 are different but I don't really think of those as K cars... I just think of them as Lebarons...
Posted By: Classof70Chally

Re: Who Has the Best E Body Vert Lift Cylinders ??? - 01/26/10 05:51 PM

I found a company called convertible service on the web that makes them. The cylinders on my car are cheap looking crimped aluminum with plastic heads where the lines connect at the top. This company uses steel cylinders with cast steel heads. A much better looking unit. They are not cheap at $140 ea but I only want to do this once. Thanks for the tips.
Posted By: Snoopy

Re: Who Has the Best E Body Vert Lift Cylinders ??? - 01/26/10 07:25 PM

Convertible Parts.com
© 2024 Moparts Forums