Moparts

vacuumhose

Posted By: kennetto

vacuumhose - 01/20/10 05:46 PM

is there any of you using Promax metering blocks that can tell me where I shall put vacuumhose for ignition, has written to Promax, but they do not respond.
Posted By: YO7_A66

Re: vacuumhose - 01/20/10 06:00 PM

I would suggest that you call Ben directly instead of email. (317-484-1451) I get a quicker response by calling.

Re: vacuumhose - 01/20/10 06:06 PM

I'm not so good at talking your language
Posted By: YO7_A66

Re: vacuumhose - 01/20/10 06:10 PM

Not a problem. Maybe give Ben some more time to respond. He usually gets back with me in a day or so on email.

Re: vacuumhose - 01/20/10 08:54 PM

anyone
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: vacuumhose - 01/20/10 09:23 PM

I dont own one but trying to help. I'm assuming that they dont have a stock (ported) fitting on the side like stock holley metering blocks do?

Re: vacuumhose - 01/21/10 08:22 AM

yes it is correct no fitting on the side.
Posted By: aarcuda

Re: vacuumhose - 01/21/10 12:45 PM

they dont have a ported vacuum fitting on them
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: vacuumhose - 01/21/10 01:41 PM

hook it to the intake manifold for full vac maybe

use a carb spacer that has a port for vac line

timed port may not be an easy thing to add if it does not already have it

Re: vacuumhose - 01/21/10 06:13 PM

is it just me who has bought promax meteringblock

Re: vacuumhose - 01/22/10 09:12 PM

I guess it was wasted money to buy Promax metering blocks, If i will have Vacuum to the distrubutor I have to take it out and put back my old original holley.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: vacuumhose - 01/22/10 09:33 PM

Quote:

If i will have Vacuum to the distrubutor

Might experiment w manifold vacuum & see if you can get it to work. Yes I (& most) prefer ported but above idle the amt would be the same so I would think you could get it to work & therefore not waste your (Promax) investment and a carb guru might be able to talk you thru drilling the base to add ported. Good luck on it. EDIT or possibly drilling the Promax. I'd think there'd be a (ported) source inside there somewhere. I am not a carb guy. Have you emailed Promax.
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: vacuumhose - 01/22/10 09:43 PM

Well, I would'nt go as far to say it was a waste in buying the metering block...You do have a high performance engine that needs the block right ???? You don't need the distributor advance for a performance engine...If the engine is close to stock and you want the fuel economy of the distributor vacuum advance then that's a different story...I run the Promax block and don't need/use the vacuum advance...For all out performance it's not needed... I was thinking about adding the channel to the promax block just as an experiment but that's all it would be....Here's a link to a previous thread that shows the mods needed to add the vacuum port...Not a small job... link ...The vacuum advance comes into play at part throttle or cruizing RPM so the spark has more time to completely burn the fuel...You'll get a little more distance out of your fuel but who cares about that when your ...

Re: vacuumhose - 01/23/10 09:27 AM

thanks for your svar.ja I have written to Promax 2 times no response, it is probably best if I remove Promax block the car runs best on the street and our gasoline prices here in Sweden is more than double the era so I do Vacum igniti
Tack för att du bidrar med ditt översättningsförslag till Google Översätt

thanks for your response.yes I have written to Promax 2 times no response, it is probably best if I remove the Promax block and use the old holley, the car runs most on the street and our gasoline prices here in Sweden is more than double yours so I do need Vacuum advance.
© 2024 Moparts Forums