Moparts

USA MADE B-BODY DOOR HANDLES???

Posted By: foz

USA MADE B-BODY DOOR HANDLES??? - 01/18/10 04:15 AM

Has anyone heard of these? Someone has them advertised on Ebay. Are they any good vs. the chinese made sets??
Posted By: Lefty

Re: USA MADE B-BODY DOOR HANDLES??? - 01/18/10 05:08 AM

Who's selling them?
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: USA MADE B-BODY DOOR HANDLES??? - 01/18/10 09:50 AM

I bought a repro set for my 65, my advice is to get the originals rechromed if possible, if I had to do it over that would have been the plan.
Joey
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: USA MADE B-BODY DOOR HANDLES??? - 01/18/10 02:52 PM

The old repops were just terrible..On the 71-74 handles..The two parts were made for the bigger hinge pins then they used a pin that was 1/2 the size of the originals...This made alot of slop that
a} dug the paint on the door when you pulled up
b}did'nt have enough travel to even open the door even if the lever hole was in the right place..
How those things ever got to market amazes me.. Here's the new good ones... B/E&A
Posted By: HEMICUDA

Re: USA MADE B-BODY DOOR HANDLES??? - 01/18/10 04:42 PM

Quote:

The old repops were just terrible..On the 71-74 handles..The two parts were made for the bigger hinge pins then they used a pin that was 1/2 the size of the originals...This made alot of slop that
a} dug the paint on the door when you pulled up
b}did'nt have enough travel to even open the door even if the lever hole was in the right place..
How those things ever got to market amazes me.. Here's the new good ones... B/E&A

You are correct, there were many issues with the other 71-72 & 73-74 handles that were being supplied.

We made our own, thx for the Colin.
© 2024 Moparts Forums