Moparts

how fast can i go

Posted By: denizch

how fast can i go - 01/17/10 09:14 PM

I recently bring my 66 barracuda back to the street . And since i life to the german border i have a autobahn near my flat with no sapeedlimmit :-) Kind of a concrete salt flat:-)
Now i wonder what do you guys think how fast could a streetable 66 barracuda go , with a small block in it? And how do you would make a streetable salt racer ) Of course a high gear rearend, a lowered suspension and 67 15 inches with the biger disc brakes but what else ? Which engine would be the best i have all the small blocks from the 273 to the 360 which one would be the best ? What internals ? Stroking ?
And finaly what do you think how many miles per houres i could get out of of it ?
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: how fast can i go - 01/17/10 09:31 PM

How many Francs you have to spend, will determine how fast you go,...hence, "speed costs money son, how fast you wanna go?"

69 Cuda......309MPH/500Kph

Attached picture 5741694-swissmiss.jpg
Posted By: denizch

Re: how fast can i go - 01/17/10 09:34 PM

hmm i wonder what would be realistic within a budget with a kind of a stock mopar , only engine tuning . 250kmh ?
Posted By: kick_the_reverb

Re: how fast can i go - 01/17/10 10:26 PM

I can't offer too much advice, but one I'm sure of, is that you need to get wheel bearings rated for continuous high speed operation.
Guys that run the Silver State Challenge (and similar races) might be able to offer advice, also on Aerodynamics.

Good luck,
Ran
© 2024 Moparts Forums