Moparts

IBM Build Cards from Chrysler Historical

Posted By: CornDogsCharger

IBM Build Cards from Chrysler Historical - 01/15/10 03:09 AM

I have been on the 66-67charger forum researching the IBM punch cards that were used during the original build of our cars. If you contact Chrysler Historical, you can purchase a microfiche copy of your car's original build card. A member over there (FastbackJon) is able to decode and reproduce these cards.

I was wondering how many years these punch cards were used. Has anyone here purchsed information on thier car from Chrysler before? I have a '69 Super Bee and would like to get one of these cards for it. My car does not have a build sheet and these punch cards are the next best thing. Next... where can I get one decoded? Thanks for for any help or advice.

Justin
"CornDog"
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: IBM Build Cards from Chrysler Historical - 01/15/10 03:16 AM

Chrysler has the cards available on microfiche for 1967 cars & older.

I asked Jon if he was licensed by Chrysler to reproduce the actual cards a while back & he was not. I have not heard if he has secured a license agreement since then?

The original cards were in use for several years, my '75 Dart had one in it.
Posted By: In_The_Pink

Re: IBM Build Cards from Chrysler Historical - 01/15/10 03:16 AM

They were used at least through '73, as this one came out of a '73 Dodge Dart Sport:

Posted By: CornDogsCharger

Re: IBM Build Cards from Chrysler Historical - 01/15/10 03:31 AM

Quote:

So what records does Chrysler Historical have for '68-up vehicles? Do they have the actual cards or nothing much at all?

And where were both of you able to find the original cards inside your car?

Thanks
Justin
"CornDog"
Posted By: sixpack4spd

Re: IBM Build Cards from Chrysler Historical - 01/15/10 03:31 AM

Quote:

They are not available for newer cars. IIRC the newer ones were destroyed in a fire.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: IBM Build Cards from Chrysler Historical - 01/15/10 03:36 AM

The one I found was under the carpet.

Occasionally folks find them in the original envelope that housed the warranty info & owners manual in the glove box.
Posted By: cornucopia

Re: IBM Build Cards from Chrysler Historical - 01/15/10 03:52 AM

I have one from a 1973 satellite...
© 2024 Moparts Forums