Moparts

new challenger seat questions, for an old challenger

Posted By: ledft79

new challenger seat questions, for an old challenger - 01/14/10 03:47 AM

I like the look of the seats, and I am thinking of getting a pair for my 71 challenger if they will fit. How are these for comfort? I am looking for a seat that I can sit in for 500 miles at a time, if I decide to. Has anyone put these in an e-body yet, do they fit? Will these seats fit and still leave enough room for the console? I am 6'2" tall, do these seats sit any higher than the old ones? thanks for any info.

Re: new challenger seat questions, for an old challenger - 01/14/10 03:14 PM

nobody at all?
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: new challenger seat questions, for an old challenger - 01/14/10 04:26 PM

You might search for old threads. I remember seeing one not all too long ago.
I "thought" from memory the seats were abit too tall, was being talked about and your head would be in the headliner
Posted By: Lefty

Re: new challenger seat questions, for an old challenge - 01/14/10 06:02 PM

Almost all seat retrofit requires modifying the tracks to get them to fit. Most often they sit too high unless modified, especially powered seats.

If you use integrated belts make sure the track welds are perfect and the mounts are super sturdy because the seats have to restrain the driver and seat in an accident.
Posted By: hemibeep

Re: new challenger seat questions, for an old challenge - 01/14/10 10:41 PM

very tall,. I am installing in 71 runner which has same floor pan. Had to "section' and lower floorpan. your head through roof and legs against steeering wheel.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: new challenger seat questions, for an old challenger - 01/14/10 11:42 PM

I am 6'2" tall, do these seats sit any higher than the old ones? thanks for any info.

Get the measureing tape out, and visit the dealer?

Attached picture 5735269-2tall.jpg

Re: new challenger seat questions, for an old challenger - 01/15/10 01:56 AM

THAT IS NOT THE ANSWERS THAT I WAS HOPING FOR, BUT IT IS PRETTY MUCH WHAT I EXPECTED. THANKS FOR THE HELP.
© 2024 Moparts Forums