Moparts

Duster/Demon hood scoop location

Posted By: 68GTS383

Duster/Demon hood scoop location - 01/09/10 11:04 PM

I am installing an original wide scoop on a 74 Duster.What is the distance from the back of the hood to the back of the scoop? Anyone with an original hood scoop car? Thanks!
Thanks moparts!!
Posted By: anlauto

Re: Duster/Demon hood scoop location - 01/10/10 01:06 AM

I just measured an original paint 1972 Demon hood that I have in the basement.
The rear edge of the scoop is 3 1/8 from the rear edge of the hood.
The center rear stud hole is actually a small slot. The center of the slot is 5 5/8 from the rear edge of the hood.
Posted By: rrunner

Re: Duster/Demon hood scoop location - 01/10/10 01:19 AM

I thought 73 74 Dusters had those twin small scoops.
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Duster/Demon hood scoop location - 01/10/10 01:42 AM

No Dusters ever had the single scoop with twin snorkles. They were only available OEM on '72 Demons, '73 and possibly '74 Dart Sports. Not sure about the '71 Dusters having the 2 seperate scoops. There was a Twister option, I believe, that had a pair of small, non-functional scoops.

An aftermarket scoop I got has rear center and front center studs that aligned with existing holes in the underhood bracing. I believe OEM are the same.
Posted By: rrunner

Re: Duster/Demon hood scoop location - 01/10/10 02:25 AM

Quote:

No Dusters ever had the single scoop with twin snorkles. They were only available OEM on '72 Demons, '73 and possibly '74 Dart Sports. Not sure about the '71 Dusters having the 2 seperate scoops. There was a Twister option, I believe, that had a pair of small, non-functional scoops.

An aftermarket scoop I got has rear center and front center studs that aligned with existing holes in the underhood bracing. I believe OEM are the same.

71/2 Twister Duster could get the twin scoops like the 70 Dats and 69/70 Ramcharger hoods. The 73 Dusters, as I learned here last year, with scoops were small scoops as found on the A-body Cuda's.
I would just install the single scoop where I thought it looked good as it wasn't offered on that car anyway
© 2024 Moparts Forums