Moparts

Dyno test comparing Torker and Performer RPM for 383?

Posted By: 71Chip

Dyno test comparing Torker and Performer RPM for 383? - 01/09/10 07:57 PM

Has this been done? Anyone have a link?

Posted By: forphorty

Re: Dyno test comparing Torker and Performer RPM for 383? - 01/09/10 08:11 PM

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/hrdp_0712_mopar_intake_manifold_comparo/index.html http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/hrdp_...3_manifold.html
Posted By: mark7171

Re: Dyno test comparing Torker and Performer RPM for 383? - 01/10/10 12:57 AM

There are serious problems with that test.

It doesn't show how to use a manifold. Like the low compression/ high vacuum engine benefiting from a performer, over a high compression working with a high rise open mnai. Both can shift quite a paradigm, with just single or dual plane manifolds.

All those tests are around 10 hp/lbs apart. Not realistic to me.
Posted By: broncobra

Re: Dyno test comparing Torker and Performer RPM for 383? - 01/14/10 02:48 AM

I have that Hot Rod mag, and remember wondering about the results at the time while reading it. It seemed that they were all so close in output, what would even be the advantage of one over the other, than aluminum weight savings and pure asthetics. The were all so close as to be almost negligable.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Dyno test comparing Torker and Performer RPM for 383? - 01/14/10 06:52 AM

We ran a Holley Street Dominator and the Eddy RPM on my sons 400 Dart. Ran 11.59 @ 117 with the Holley SD and ran 11.55 @ 116 with the RPM. It had more mph with the single plane SD but it 60 ft better with the RPM enough to et a tad faster with less mph. He left the RPM on as he said it feels better on the low end street driving with the RPM. He has since ported his heads and run 11.45 @ 117 with the RPM. Ron

Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Dyno test comparing Torker and Performer RPM for 383? - 01/14/10 07:13 AM

Quote:

All those tests are around 10 hp/lbs apart. Not realistic to me.

So what, you think they faked the results? If the results are close, it does show on a stockish 383 that the manifold isn't the bottleneck. On part 2 where they bolt on the cnc ported aftermarket heads, the results do change a good bit. Even then, it's not an extreme, rpm screamer of a build.
© 2024 Moparts Forums