Moparts

MAX HP limit of the RB Sixpack Setup?

Posted By: BigDaddy440

MAX HP limit of the RB Sixpack Setup? - 01/08/10 05:57 AM

I'm considering another B-Body build and I'm leaning toward a 6-pack SuperBee Race Car. I'd like to know the proven max power potential of the 6 pack system.

I witnessed a 440 with stock heads (ported) a big cam and a six pack make a TRUE 530+ HP on a dyno. So I know they're good for say 550HP, but how much more power will they feed with a nice set of Vic Jrs, or INDY Heads and possibly 450-500 cubic inches?

Anyone know?
Posted By: MACDiesel

Re: MAX HP limit of the RB Sixpack Setup? - 01/08/10 07:31 AM

If you can make 650+hp with the performer RPM, you can deffinately make that much and more with a 6 pack. You want to make it a 512ci though.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: MAX HP limit of the RB Sixpack Setup? - 01/08/10 07:47 AM

Also, I think hughes offers a porting service for the 6-pack intakes.
Posted By: moper

Re: MAX HP limit of the RB Sixpack Setup? - 01/08/10 12:34 PM

600 in a street car regardless of cubes is about what I consider max. You can get more. But ti takes more like porting the intake and running less streetable cams. The more restirctions you place on appearance and fitment the more costly it gets.
Posted By: MACDiesel

Re: MAX HP limit of the RB Sixpack Setup? - 01/08/10 06:52 PM

Pick up "How to Build Max Performance Big Block Mopars" I just got done reading it and it'll answer most of your questions. Answers from a well known and reputable Big Block Mopar builder that you can reference time and again. Definately worth the $20.
Posted By: dOoC

Re: MAX HP limit of the RB Sixpack Setup? - 01/08/10 06:55 PM

Quote:

Also, I think hughes offers a porting service for the 6-pack intakes.

OR ... you can just BUY a 6P intake all-welded-up to fit the Max-Wedge heads ....

I have one of those !
Posted By: jbc426

Re: MAX HP limit of the RB Sixpack Setup? - 01/08/10 11:23 PM

I'd say well over 700 hp is obtainable with bigger, less street friendly camshafts and aftermarket heads.

My 493" motor puts out a touch over 680hp at 5500 rpm with a very streetable .550" lift hyraulic cam.

Cab Burge has one that puts out more than mine.

Attached File
© 2024 Moparts Forums