Moparts

ebody dash removely

Posted By: edd1

ebody dash removely - 01/06/10 11:53 PM

i want to put a dash cap on,do i have to remove the dash your do it while its in the car,whats envoled in removing the dash,and who makes the best dashcap,any pics its a 73 challenger thanks

Attached picture 5716493-challengerbackwindow093.jpg
Posted By: scatcity

Re: ebody dash removely - 01/07/10 12:37 AM

I was going to do the same thing in my 72 Chally. I picked it up at Carlisle, Dashtop brand, for like 80.00 or so. Mines a single speaker non a/c car so it wasn't that involved to do. You have to remove the speaker grille and A pillar covers. Well, I did a mock up dry run of it and was promplty horrified. I'd rather look at the two Grand Canyon split craters in the dashpad than put on the cover. It was a nice piece but not worth the effort. I sold it on the Bag that day. I'd sooner put a shag carpet up there than the dash cover. Though I have seen them installed fairly nicely I personally wouldn't recommend to install one. Mine was going to be temporary but I squashed that whole idea. My opinion anyway...
Posted By: Greentween

Re: ebody dash removely - 01/07/10 12:43 AM

I threw mine in the trash. Dont waste your money on it, your car deserves better.
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: ebody dash removely - 01/07/10 12:47 AM

hang out and keep looking for a nice used one...took me 8 years got a nice one 3 speakers and all..beats the price of sending the old one out to get recovered..
Posted By: MoparDan

Re: ebody dash removely - 01/07/10 03:38 AM

Personally, dash caps do not work well on e-bodys. I put one on a 72 B and it works fine as a low buck cover-up, but with the design of the e body's dash...save your money and purchase a new one or have yours re done; you will be glad you did.
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: ebody dash removely - 01/07/10 03:58 AM

and then be accused of a rebody?
© 2024 Moparts Forums