Moparts

Which is the right color carpet for my 1968 Barracuda?

Posted By: WadeMetzinger

Which is the right color carpet for my 1968 Barracuda? - 01/06/10 01:40 PM

I called Legendary to get carpet for my 68 Barracuda and figured they would know which color I needed but the guy I spoke with didn't. I thought it was just a standard Maroon or Dark Red but I guess they have both..

Any one know which of these are the right match? (this picture are the samples they sent me to pick from)

I've already replaced all the upolstry and all the carpet in the mid-trunk, back of the back seat and both sides of the rear trunk door but I don't know what color it was, they just matched the stock stuff.

Any help would be appreciated!

Attached picture 5715236-Carpet.JPG
Posted By: WadeMetzinger

Re: Which is the right color carpet for my 1968 Barracuda? - 01/07/10 01:28 AM

Anyone?
Posted By: superwrench

Re: Which is the right color carpet for my 1968 Barracuda? - 01/07/10 05:55 AM

Don't know if this will help you or not, but my '68 GTX I'm doing now has "Aztek Maroon" color coded door upper panels etc.
Legendary said go with the Maroon for the carpets and headliner, and as far as I can see it was pretty close. I'm thinking the Maroon myself.
I don't think actual "red" came out until '69 model years. All the so called "red" interiors on '68 cars I've ever seen have been the Maroon color.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Which is the right color carpet for my 1968 Barracuda? - 01/07/10 07:44 PM

I think the "Rust" will have too much orange in it.

I put what was available (ACC) 20 years ago in my Charger. I thought it was maroon but this pic makes it look dark red.

I would go with the maroon.

edit - after looking at the pic & noticing no heel pad, this picture shows the red (house) carpet that was replaced by ACC carpet. I'd still go with MAROON. Carpet was generally one of the darker shades in the interior.
Posted By: GO_Fish

Re: Which is the right color carpet for my 1968 Barracuda? - 01/08/10 06:16 PM

I got mine from Dante's (Trim Parts). His part number is 53638-525, Maroon.

He sent samples before I ordered, and the Maroon matched well to the carpet on my front seat backs in my 68 B'cuda.
Posted By: MNobody

Re: Which is the right color carpet for my 1968 Barracuda? - 01/08/10 08:00 PM

I bought Trim Parts carpet from AZNICK he's a sponsor here and great to work with. Ignore the Shifter, i'm a little backasswards.

Attached picture 5720995-FromKPuter296.jpg
Posted By: Dante

Re: Which is the right color carpet for my 1968 Barracuda? - 01/09/10 03:00 AM

Quote:

I got mine from Dante's (Trim Parts). His part number is 53638-525, Maroon.

He sent samples before I ordered, and the Maroon matched well to the carpet on my front seat backs in my 68 B'cuda.

In my experience the Trim Parts #525 is the best the match for the 68/69 A-body burgundy interior.
© 2024 Moparts Forums