Moparts

Dual exhaust heat shield/brackets question, e-body.

Posted By: cudabitten

Dual exhaust heat shield/brackets question, e-body. - 01/06/10 02:55 AM

Hi, I will be converting my barracuda from a single exhaust to a dual exhaust. Will I need another factory style heat shield for the other side? Also, should I purchase the factory brackets for the pipe that goes over the rear and the one that bolts to the rear frame. I'm not sure how this is done, and I don't have any pictures showing the mounting details. Thanks.
Posted By: cudabitten

Re: Dual exhaust heat shield/brackets question, e-body. - 01/08/10 12:07 AM

Going to ask this again, anyone have any ideas,thoughts?
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Dual exhaust heat shield/brackets question, e-body. - 01/08/10 12:20 AM

I think the shield was for the resonator they ran on those cars. Probably won't need to get another shield if you don't plan on putting resonator on that side.
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: Dual exhaust heat shield/brackets question, e-body. - 01/08/10 12:42 AM

depends if u are going stock or buying a kit like a tti....it comes with their own brackets....some kits come this way..if going the stock route u will need it
Posted By: burdar

Re: Dual exhaust heat shield/brackets question, e-body. - 01/08/10 03:02 PM

THe shields are at the back of the car above the mufflers. The resonators didn't use a sheild. Yes you will need to buy a drivers side sheild if you are running the stock style round mufflers at the back.

The 73 style passengers side tail pipe hanger is sold by Accuarate Exhaust. They are a sponcer of this site. There is a bracket that is either welded or rivited to the shock X-member on the passengers side. That is what the hanger bolts to.
Posted By: THESHAKERPROJECT

Re: Dual exhaust heat shield/brackets question, e-body. - 01/08/10 03:18 PM

You dont need any of the sheilds if using an aftermarket type exhaust (TTI/Summit /Pypes )or a custom exhaust that does not locate any mufflers under the trunk. Most exhaust systems just use talipipes in that area. Unless you doin a OE type resto just toss the sheilds. I really like the TTI system for the E-Body with the X-pipe.
© 2024 Moparts Forums