Moparts

'64 Plymouth convertible patch panels

Posted By: Faust

'64 Plymouth convertible patch panels - 01/04/10 10:09 PM

Most of the lower quarters and the rear wheel arch are gone on my '64 Fury Convert. I don't expect to find full quarters, but there is even a shortage of patch panels. The only thing I can find are the lowers behind the wheel arch. Can anyone suggest a supplier?

I haven't opened it up, but I expect I will need outer wheelhouses.

Re: '64 Plymouth convertible patch panels - 01/04/10 10:12 PM

Oh, my local boneyard has a '63 coupe (no post) with pretty good metal. Are these the same as '64?
Posted By: BobK

Re: '64 Plymouth convertible patch panels - 01/05/10 12:02 AM

Try Sherman's or Auto Rust Technicians. I got mine from them sme time ago.

Re: '64 Plymouth convertible patch panels - 01/05/10 01:43 AM

Quote:

Auto Rust Tech is local to me, as far as I know they don't carry any sheet metal. I had tried Sherman's web site, it comes up that they carry nothing for a '64 Fury.

Re: '64 Plymouth convertible patch panels - 01/05/10 01:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Auto Rust Tech is local to me, as far as I know they don't carry any sheet metal. I had tried Sherman's web site, it comes up that they carry nothing for a '64 Fury.

I decided that Sherman's might be like Advance Auto and think there was no '64 Fury. So, I tried '64 Belvedere, they had that. Unfortunately, they don't make a piece to go over the wheel arch, just patch for the front and rear without including the arch.

RE: Rock Auto. While Googling Sherman, I got a return fot Rock Auto/Sherman. Rock Auto sells the Sherman floor pans for about 60% of the Sherman price. I think I'll go back to Rock Auto and try '64 Belvedere.

Re: '64 Plymouth convertible patch panels - 01/05/10 02:02 AM

I just checked Rock Auto again, this time I asked for Belvedere rather than Fury (as far as I know, Fury was just a trim level in '64) Under Belvedere it came up with the full line of Sherman's. Still doesn't give me what I need.
Posted By: GOLDENCOMMANDO

Re: '64 Plymouth convertible patch panels - 01/05/10 02:03 AM

Kramers

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...&PHPSESSID=

Re: '64 Plymouth convertible patch panels - 01/05/10 05:12 PM

Quote:

Kramers

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...&PHPSESSID=

Thanks, they have the pieces I need. Also says '63-65 is the same, I guess that means I can grab the wheelhouses from a local boneyard '63.
Posted By: Bull1tt

Re: '64 Plymouth convertible patch panels - 01/05/10 05:29 PM

63-5 Plymouth quarters and wheel tubs are the same. Get the used ones! I have had some of the aftermarket panels and they are nothing like factory parts.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: '64 Plymouth convertible patch panels - 01/05/10 06:02 PM

I've see the wheel openings that Sherman and Assoc. used to sell and they are usable but far from being what I'd call a nice part. Someone on this board posted something about quarters coming for the early B's? Can't find it now...

Re: '64 Plymouth convertible patch panels - 01/07/10 02:14 AM

Thanks for all the help you guys, this is always the place to come.

Here's the plan. According to the date code on the roof, the car was "restored" in 1989. I can see there is bondo in the quarters, and bubbling at the wheel lip. I am going to strip the fenders down and see how much good metal is left. If it is just the wheel arch, I think I will go with the Kramer panel.

If it is worse, and I suspect it is, patch panels will come to about $400 a side. In that case, I think I will look for some Arizona metal.

If anyone knows about repro full quarters I'd like to hear about it. Even big panels, I am pretty sure I am OK above the feature line on the fenders.
© 2024 Moparts Forums