Moparts

Hydraulic Flat Tappet Lifters?

Posted By: srunge55

Hydraulic Flat Tappet Lifters? - 01/03/10 11:31 PM

I need to buy a set of lifters for my engine build. I ordered a Racer Brown cam but didn't buy lifters with it. I have heard there are only a couple of US companies making lifters. Does anyone know which lifter I can buy to make sure I get one of the US made lifters? Also not looking for an Anti Pump Up. Low RPM street car.

Thanks,

Steve
Posted By: torkrules

Re: Hydraulic Flat Tappet Lifters? - 01/04/10 01:50 AM

Quote:

I need to buy a set of lifters for my engine build. I ordered a Racer Brown cam but didn't buy lifters with it. I have heard there are only a couple of US companies making lifters. Does anyone know which lifter I can buy to make sure I get one of the US made lifters? Also not looking for an Anti Pump Up. Low RPM street car.

Thanks,

Steve

Big block? Arruzza has a nice set with a C clip instead of the wire bale.
Posted By: srunge55

Re: Hydraulic Flat Tappet Lifters? - 01/04/10 04:57 AM

yes its a big block. Do you know who makes Aruza's?
Posted By: torkrules

Re: Hydraulic Flat Tappet Lifters? - 01/04/10 08:05 PM

Quote:

yes its a big block. Do you know who makes Aruza's?

Not sure who makes them. If you look on his web site it will list these as Johnson bodies which is one of the larger lifter manufacturers in the US. He is one of the site sponsors. The outer bodies looks very similar to comp cams outer body.

The guts look the same as those supplied by Mopar (not sure where they get their lifters). He lists them as Hemi lifters but they will work in a big block.
© 2024 Moparts Forums