Moparts

'70 Challenger Shaker Hood Questions

Posted By: In_The_Pink

'70 Challenger Shaker Hood Questions - 12/30/09 02:33 AM

1) What is the distance from the rear edge of the shaker trim ring to the rear edge of the hood on a '70 Challenger shaker hood, measured along the longitudinal centerline?

2) Is the central spine or rib on the shaker hood more pronounced than on a standard (flat) hood?

3) Were hood pins optional for '70 Challenger shaker hoods?

4) Are '70-'71 Dodge and Plymouth shaker scoops (the visible top piece which pokes through the hood) the same part?

TIA.

Attached picture 5697032-70challyshakerhood.jpg
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: '70 Challenger Shaker Hood Questions - 12/30/09 09:26 PM

1. I forget off the top of my head, I think it's 12.50" inches, but here is the front hood edge to drop down dimension for sure. This is an original hood, not a reproduction.

Attached picture 5698492-NOSChallengerShakerHoodDimension.jpg

Re: '70 Challenger Shaker Hood Questions - 12/30/09 09:28 PM

2. No, the flat hood peakis identical to the shaker hood peak (as is all else). Here is the "Style" that was on 99.99% of production line Shaker Challengers, the flat front "DODGE" lettered hoods came at the very end of production and for a couple cases, did not come on production line cars, just over the counter.

Attached picture 5698497-shakerHood4[1].jpg

Re: '70 Challenger Shaker Hood Questions - 12/30/09 09:29 PM

3. Yes, hood pins were optional on Challengers, they were standard only on Cuda's

Re: '70 Challenger Shaker Hood Questions - 12/30/09 09:31 PM

4. Yes, all under hood and bubble parts are the exact same parts with the sole exception of the shaker bubble emblems. The hood under structure piece welded into the under side of the hood was unique to Challenger, Cuda versions were different.
© 2024 Moparts Forums