Moparts

PT Cruiser vibration

Posted By: moderncylinder

PT Cruiser vibration - 12/25/09 10:18 PM

any mechanics know of issues with a slight vibration upon accleration from a stop? i havent looked at it yet but feels like bump steer you feel in the car/front end, not in the steering wheel...
Posted By: stumpy

Re: PT Cruiser vibration - 12/25/09 10:20 PM

Check all your motor and trans mounts.
Posted By: therocks

Re: PT Cruiser vibration - 12/26/09 01:35 PM

Look at the rear lower control arm bushings also.They tear out and might do it.When they rip all the way they clunk real good.Rocky
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: PT Cruiser vibration - 12/26/09 03:19 PM

yep, have the front components checked out. BTW, do not raise and support any FWD car and run it to check for noises. Letting the suspension droop and running the car puts major stress on the components, since it's not designed to operate at those angles....
Posted By: cantspel

Re: PT Cruiser vibration - 12/26/09 04:00 PM

Quote:

any mechanics know of issues with a slight vibration upon accleration from a stop? i havent looked at it yet but feels like bump steer you feel in the car/front end, not in the steering wheel...

sounds like an inner cv joint, or a mount.
Posted By: Sue

Re: PT Cruiser vibration - 12/27/09 05:47 PM

CV joint R&R the halfshaft
Posted By: NicksGarage

Re: PT Cruiser vibration - 12/27/09 06:20 PM

Check both torque rods on the engine. I had to change both or mind when I did my timing belt.

When the lower control arm bushing start going you'll hear squeaking and groaning from the front end a lot. The rear bushings are easy to examine by turning the wheels all the way to one side.
Posted By: Fastfrankie

Re: PT Cruiser vibration - 12/27/09 08:39 PM

I had an 02 PT that had the same problem as yours. Front aluminum engine mount had a hairline rip in the rubber. Its the mount below the ac compressor. Easy to fix. It tore at 58,000 miles with all easy miles - never beat on.
© 2024 Moparts Forums