Moparts

Magnum Rockers

Posted By: snojet

Magnum Rockers - 12/10/09 12:49 PM

Has anybody installed small block chevy rockers on magnum heads? Is it straight forward or is it a pain. Thank you
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Magnum Rockers - 12/10/09 03:49 PM

it is not a straight bolt on..

there kits from hughes and comp cams that allow the use of sbc rockers.

i believe the problem is that the magnum heads uses 5/16 studs and the smallest sbc rocker is 3/8 studs.

hughes sell studs with 5/16 treads that go into head, but with 3/8 stud for rockers.

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/produ...2Nlc3Nvcmllcw==
Posted By: Mopar73340

Re: Magnum Rockers - 12/10/09 07:01 PM

I have the Hughes kit with PEP roller rockers on my magnum Iron Rams, the worst part about them is getting the roller tip centered over the valve by using the guide plates. Other than that they seem to work fine. Actually thinking of swapping to their new Shaft mounted magnum rockers which weren't available when I went with the ones I have.
Posted By: snojet

Re: Magnum Rockers - 12/10/09 08:29 PM

What do you like about the shaft type rockers?
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Magnum Rockers - 12/10/09 08:35 PM

Quote:

I have the Hughes kit with PEP roller rockers on my magnum Iron Rams, the worst part about them is getting the roller tip centered over the valve by using the guide plates. Other than that they seem to work fine. Actually thinking of swapping to their new Shaft mounted magnum rockers which weren't available when I went with the ones I have.

I've had mine for several years now with no problems running a fairly large hydraulic ( over .600" lift ). They are a pain to adjust though ( getting the roller tips centered on the valve stems ). I'd go with the new shaft set up too, but it's a little pricey at this time.
Posted By: Mopar73340

Re: Magnum Rockers - 12/10/09 09:45 PM

Quote:

What do you like about the shaft type rockers?

They are more of a conventional Chrysler setup and the problem with centering the roller over the valve stem should be eliminated. The current setup has about 1000 miles and 6 dyno runs on them and so far so good.
© 2024 Moparts Forums