Moparts

70 coronet Dash wiring help

Posted By: moparpoolman

70 coronet Dash wiring help - 12/03/09 07:34 AM

Need some help guys, When I turn on my lights the turn signal indicators light up along with the dash lights. The turn indicators still work when the flashers are on and when the turn signals are on. Thought it might be the dimmer but changed it and still having a problem. Anyone ever have this problem?? Suggestions???
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: 70 coronet Dash wiring help - 12/03/09 03:11 PM

I'm toward to a loosen socket at front parking lights, making CIRCUIT being the ground is bad there

Re: 70 coronet Dash wiring help - 12/03/09 03:22 PM

I do have a ground from battery to the radiator support and the dimmer switch has a factory ground to it. It seems like the cluster is also grounded. Still have the problem....
Posted By: groundpoint6

Re: 70 coronet Dash wiring help - 12/03/09 08:17 PM

Make sure you have the proper bulbs at all 4 park/signal sockets. They should be 1157 bulbs dual filamint. If you have 1156 lamps in these sockets they will cause this problem. Also make sure the sockets are clean and have a good ground.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: 70 coronet Dash wiring help - 12/03/09 08:48 PM

Sounds like a bad socket ground.

Re: 70 coronet Dash wiring help - 12/04/09 06:21 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, But I think I found the problem, The screws holding the circuit board to the instrument panel also ground the board. removed and cleaned the contact surfaces and the problem went away. NEVER thought that was going to be it.
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: 70 coronet Dash wiring help - 12/04/09 03:13 PM

well, either way a ground problem ;D
© 2024 Moparts Forums