Moparts

NE1 have pics of their own ram-air setup? 65 Satellite

Posted By: 67SATisfaction

NE1 have pics of their own ram-air setup? 65 Satellite - 11/29/09 07:59 PM

Does anyone have pics of any kinds of ram-air setups that are not the factory air grabber/hood scoop type?

I'm relocating the battery of my '65 Satellite to the trunk and it looks like a great place to duct some air from the radiator support to my dual snorkel air cleaner. The car will be mostly a highway driver, so it couldn't hurt to ram some air...

Am I right that Buick or Pontiac had a model with ram-air intake ducted from under the front bumper... ?
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: NE1 have pics of their own ram-air setup? 65 Satellite - 11/29/09 09:12 PM

Oldsmobile's W-30 setup ran from under the front bumper. Check out these guys: www.ramairbox.com
Posted By: 67SATisfaction

Re: NE1 have pics of their own ram-air setup? 65 Satellite - 11/30/09 05:12 PM

Thanks,
That's a great start!
Posted By: earlybee

Re: NE1 have pics of their own ram-air setup? 65 Satellite - 12/01/09 12:08 AM

http://www.ramairbox.com/models.html
Posted By: broncobra

Re: NE1 have pics of their own ram-air setup? 65 Satell - 12/01/09 03:51 PM

You might want to check out www.spectreperformance.com as well they have aluminum instead of plastic boxes, and you can get them with or without filter and mix and match to build your own system. The quality looks a lot higher to me. Just see what you need, and then price it at Summit Racing. Summit is much cheaper to buy from than Spectre themselves. I needed an intake with 180 degree apart boxes and Ram Air didn't have what I was looking for. Spectre does.
© 2024 Moparts Forums