Moparts

Small Block Intake Gasket Questions...

Posted By: W5Duster436

Small Block Intake Gasket Questions... - 07/15/08 11:28 PM

I am getting ready to put my intake back on my 340 and won't be using the front/rear cork gaskets so should I cut off the head gasket tabs beforehand or just push them down and use silicone over them? I already had it running but it was leaking and I don't want it to leak again.

Also, the M1 intake I have is machined for a spreadbore type carb. Since I am running a holley 4150 carb do I use the 4150 type gasket or the spreadbore gasket to match the intake regardless? Enquiring mind wants to know..
Posted By: 69Cuda340S

Re: Small Block Intake Gasket Questions... - 07/16/08 12:07 AM

I always pushed the tabs down but make sure you get plenty of sealer around the tabs.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Small Block Intake Gasket Questions... - 07/16/08 01:36 AM

Quote:

Also, the M1 intake I have is machined for a spreadbore type carb. Since I am running a holley 4150 carb do I use the 4150 type gasket or the spreadbore gasket to match the intake regardless? Enquiring mind wants to know..

use one of these

Attached picture 4553801-spreadboreadapter.jpg
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: Small Block Intake Gasket Questions... - 07/16/08 01:51 AM

Edelbrock also make that carb flange plate.

I know it's a stocking item at the local parts america/kragen outlet.
Posted By: W5Duster436

Re: Small Block Intake Gasket Questions... - 07/16/08 02:07 AM

I actually have some steel plates that were isolators I guess that look just like that plate except thinner and square on both ends. I assume this has the spreadbore on one side?

I had my carb on there already with just the square gasket and it seemed to work fine but I just wasn't sure which gasket to use or if using the square gasket on that spreadbore would cause the fuel/air to not disperse correctly.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Small Block Intake Gasket Questions... - 07/16/08 03:24 AM

Quote:

I assume this has the spreadbore on one side?

no it's a flat plate the same on each side. What you might be seeing is in the (4) corners that is just a square bore gasket underneath that is included with the Erson pkg.
© 2024 Moparts Forums